Author Topic: Pc build  (Read 5209 times)

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
Pc build
« on: October 19, 2011, 01:36:47 PM »
Ok, the list of things i want to get is attached, anything else i need, even cables and stuff, anything better i could add, im pretty much at the top of my spending limit now, i was thinging of chaging the CPU to this or this. thoughts?

got a DVD-RW spare and running linux, im fed up with windows (Thanks Magic)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 02:04:28 PM by frenulem - No.5417 »

Offline magic_man185

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +16/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Pc build
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 02:00:19 PM »
You most likely need some form of optical drive, like a DVD reader or burner. Also, you will need an operating system (you probably already have this figured out, but you didn't mention it here).

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 02:06:08 PM »
so do i go for the cheeper CPU with another core? i think so

Offline magic_man185

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +16/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 02:23:25 PM »
Honestly I am an Intel fan over AMD.  I know they are a lot more expensive, but I just seem to have better luck with Intel systems.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 02:52:03 PM »
Honestly I am an Intel fan over AMD.  I know they are a lot more expensive, but I just seem to have better luck with Intel systems.
I  agree Intel Over AMD 100% alot of peoplee get AMD due to  they can over clock them

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 02:58:11 PM »

Offline Mogler

• Research & Development
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +11/-0
  • Seeding bittorrents like a digital pimp, son.
    • Indie Game Zone
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 05:03:32 PM »
What are you going to plan on running with such a powerful ("GAMING") Spec computer if your going to be running linux.. all games are pretty much windows based and you wont get all the power out of your parts due to the limited drivers for linux. i just don't get why you would spend all this money on parts if all your power is going to be going to waste by not being able to do anything because of your OS

-Mogler

Youtube: CallawayINC
Blog: Mogler

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 05:16:06 PM »
well this is one of the main reason for me posting here cuz i've never done this before, its not specifically for gaming either, i'd just like not to play minecraft on 7-15 FPS, could i dual boot with windows, i could get a copy of windows cheep cuz im a student,

Offline PsychoticWolf

• C.H.A.O.S Where art Thou.
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 05:24:06 PM »
Whoa whoa! intel Sucks balls. They do a lot of Political things I personally don't agree on, But other than that I can get Better performance with an AMD Based System than an Intel based system not even with overclocking. AMD is amazing. not just personal opinion but I used to Run Benchmark tests on Current Intel vs AMD and AMD would win by a few points. But Tweaking wise I was able to out preform intel and then with overclocking at 40% yielded better results. When I test hardware I test what is best for the CPU. I wouldn't use the same hardware but I would use the Same Hardware stats. Its all about knowing what hardware to use.

-Been in this field for 10+ years now.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 05:25:32 PM by PsychoticWolf »

For the awesome Sigs Thanks goes to: Blazinkaos, Chef Boyardee
O o
/¯/________________________/
{ IMMA FIRIN' MA LAZAAAAAR!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass
RyanF: you want me to lick your crusty old buns dont you?
2/20/2012 at 08:55:34 PM

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 05:41:33 PM »
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/2 been on here and the i3 beats AMD everytime

Offline PsychoticWolf

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 05:55:01 PM »
Okay but what hardware are they using.. But honestly Benchmarks are Benchmarks. my last rig was 2 9800GTs with an AMD64 x2 2.71Ghz 5200+ 3gigs of ram and it Smoked an Intel Quad Core system with the same hardware. When I dual core can beat a Quad with actually Running media and and programs not just benchmarks. I use a 1200 Dollar software for Benchmarking systems. Cause What I noticed was When they Build systems to Benchmark They Usually Build the Intel first then by the matching parts for a AMD based Motherboard. All I am saying is what you pick out for an Intel isn't always Great for what you pick out for a AMD. I have years behind all this. I am sure they do also but Benchmarks are basis to AMD half the time.

O o
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 05:58:20 PM »
so if i got an AMD MoBo it would run awesome?

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 06:00:55 PM »
Whoa whoa! intel Sucks balls. They do a lot of Political things I personally don't agree on, But other than that I can get Better performance with an AMD Based System than an Intel based system not even with overclocking. AMD is amazing. not just personal opinion but I used to Run Benchmark tests on Current Intel vs AMD and AMD would win by a few points. But Tweaking wise I was able to out preform intel and then with overclocking at 40% yielded better results. When I test hardware I test what is best for the CPU. I wouldn't use the same hardware but I would use the Same Hardware stats. Its all about knowing what hardware to use.

-Been in this field for 10+ years now.
That as just my  exeriance with intel and AMD as  for the amd i thought they over heat  also when  you over clock them?  Not knocking your knowledge, but got a question ? being that if you use all intel parts is that better then mixing it up meaning intel mother board and  intell  processor? as for the iintel celeron processor I thinkl those ones suck ass personally. Pentinuem I havent had no problems with .

Rodent consoles mods

Offline PsychoticWolf

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 06:05:40 PM »
so if i got an AMD MoBo it would run awesome?

If you get a motherboard that is say AM2/2+ or AM3/3+ Socket then you have to get an AMD CPU that matches either of the sockets listed. But what I am saying is When you Look at the motherboard specs really check out the specs sometimes you have to dig around for it cause the ones on websites don't Justify what the motherboard can really do. But what I want to add is that the i line of Intel are Newer so yes they would be better on benchmarks and of course some systems. but You can't Really Put down AMDs X3-X4 lines of CPUs that just a few points Shy. But when you Really test them with hardware made for each other you have something amazing. But AMDs New Line Zambezi Core is Freaking amazing. First True 8 Physical Cores. 

That as just my  exeriance with intel and AMD as  for the amd i thought they over heat  also when  you over clock them?  Not knocking your knowledge, but got a question ? being that if you use all intel parts is that better then mixing it up meaning intel mother board and  intell  processor? as for the iintel celeron processor I thinkl those ones suck ass personally. Pentinuem I havent had no problems with .

If you get an Intel based Chipset Motherboard then your Choice is going to be an Intel CPU only as most of the time the Sockets are gonna be some sort of LGA(socket T). Some Intel Chipset based Motherboards will have an AMD Socket. But honestly those boards suck. why they make them? Who knows. But what I want to say is When you Really match up hardware. Simply going out and saying Oh hey cool this is pretty fast and the motherboard takes. that isn't Real Computer building.  But Personally I have had more intel cpus overheat on me than AMD. both equally can over heat givin some situations.  Yes Back in the day AMDs before they changed how the CPU is packaged some did tend to overheat once people tried to mess with settings but not really just from normal use.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:13:26 PM by PsychoticWolf »

O o

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 06:16:15 PM »
Thanks well explained 

Rodent consoles mods

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 07:40:55 PM »
Just a little pointer for anyone who is wanting a quality build for low cost, wait a few months and AMD's bulldozer cpu's (FX series) come out. Although they fall just short of intel's top of the line, the price of them will make up for that.
Good choice of mobo, asus motherboards are bulletproof.

As for AMD's overheating, there is some truth to that. The stock amd heat sinks are rubbish, any overclock becomes a little dangerous. However this is not fault of the cpu, get a aftermarket cooler and you will have no problems. I recommended a coolermaster hyper 212+, cheap and really effective, my OCed 955 was maxing over 50C on stock cooler, got a 212+ and now it maxes at 32C.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 07:41:53 PM by GhoSt_Death »
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline RyanF

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 08:06:32 PM »
Just a little pointer for anyone who is wanting a quality build for low cost, wait a few months and AMD's bulldozer cpu's (FX series) come out. Although they fall just short of intel's top of the line, the price of them will make up for that.
Good choice of mobo, asus motherboards are bulletproof.

As for AMD's overheating, there is some truth to that. The stock amd heat sinks are rubbish, any overclock becomes a little dangerous. However this is not fault of the cpu, get a aftermarket cooler and you will have no problems. I recommended a coolermaster hyper 212+, cheap and really effective, my OCed 955 was maxing over 50C on stock cooler, got a 212+ and now it maxes at 32C.
I have a coolit systems all-in-one vantage A.L.C CPU cooler.  It is a good system and I like the display built onto the block.  I just think the stock fan was a little too loud for me.  I replaced it with another low rpm fan on newegg and it works fine.  The CPU can get a little warm under full load, but that's because my PC is backed up into an area of no air circulation.  It is in a corner with my sound equipment and it makes a nice leg heater. :)  I guess that's good because it is moving heat into the air instead of leaving it there on the CPU.  Oh and I have an intel i7 950 and the heat transfer paste is the same one that came with the A.L.C.

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2011, 05:25:53 AM »
ive always preffered intel over amd when i used to be into pc's.  and as oyur running linux if you get an nvidia gfx card im guessing your wanting to do password cracking and if your getting a amd radeon im guessing your wanting to do bitcoin mining.

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 11:36:49 AM »
i just wanna run a few games and not crash all the freaking time

Offline cyberboy109

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +8/-4
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 06:29:51 AM »
Oki times have changed, nvidia is a now a no no with linux specialy the newer cards, sandy bridge is fine with linux..
I have 4 systems.

amd e350 = ultimate 3.0 lite
Amd llano a8 with 6670 crossfire = ultimate 3.0 gamers edtion (plays crysis 2 under wine)
Intel i5 2500k no graphics card = unity 2.0
amd 880g board with a 6770 = ultimate 2.9

Games Iv been playing under linux, crysis 2, lfd 1/2, cod,medal of honor, dawn of war 1/2, c&c series,diablo 1,2

If you want the easy route with linux dont go with ubuntu instead go with ultimate than you wont have to deal with any of the driver issue found in ubuntu,....Im fed of folk saying you cant game on linux and it only go with amd and nvidia... intel is now part of the linux foundation and is head of meego new projects, and drivers can eaily be downloaded for ati....If you need any help with linux send me a private message and Ill sort you out with a os that will suit you needs....why use windows when linux can give you a house
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 06:32:36 AM by cyberboy109 »

Offline PsychoticWolf

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 12:03:55 PM »
why use windows when linux can give you a house

Ha ha! I love it! Linux is the awesome. I game on linux but I need windows for what I do. (Blech I know)

O o

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal