Author Topic: STAND OUT COMPETITION  (Read 39574 times)

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
Re: STAND OUT COMPETITION
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2011, 02:07:48 PM »
Well, my friend gave me a few xbox controllers, Is it to late to join? Im not a very experienced modder, so it will only be a paint job. but i will be a very cool one.

Toad: Sam, You sound like your stoned out of your mind lol
Me: :D

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2011, 02:54:06 PM »
Well, my friend gave me a few xbox controllers, Is it to late to join? Im not a very experienced modder, so it will only be a paint job. but i will be a very cool one.
ADD work log here with everyone else good luck to you theres alot of people in the competition, better late then never glad you can join in.

work log here you will see everyone else in the competitions also has posted theres,
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/board,492.0.html

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline wetfusion

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +6/-5
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2011, 06:30:53 AM »
im back :D . sorry for the absence. a lot of things happen in my life lately. im moving to a new house. all in all got the place up and running by today. :D
pics coming up next ~~

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2011, 03:39:42 AM »
kk guys so i was talking to robin today to find out when the fall mod off is incase itslater so we could extend this he said it probaly wont be till November so he has a chance to ctach up with friends and family and move stuff back to college so i talked to wet fusion he gave the okay i know some of us have  some more things we would like to put in if we were given the more time so the contest is officaly going to be extended for two weeksafter two weeks past the current end day we will decided the voting system then get that in place good luck to all modders in this comptition
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 03:43:13 AM by toadzilla »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2011, 04:36:34 AM »
kk guys so i was talking to robin today to find out when the fall mod off is incase itslater so we could extend this he said it probaly wont be till November so he has a chance to ctach up with friends and family and move stuff back to college so i talked to wet fusion he gave the okay i know some of us have  some more things we would like to put in if we were given the more time so the contest is officaly going to be extended for two weeksafter two weeks past the current end day we will decided the voting system then get that in place good luck to all modders in this comptition

we have extended this long enough, when I extended it last  time, due to the  fact doing console mods are  going to take  longer and people have to get parts, the competitiion ends MONDAY SEPTEMBER 12,2011..  we descussed this in the beginning reasons why we could only extend it  for a week last time.

Rodent consoles mods

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2011, 04:56:29 AM »
Some of us won't even be done yet rodent  with the fall mod off most likely happening in Nov  it gives us more time even u said u could add more stuff

Offline Nevbox

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +12/-5
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2011, 07:25:25 AM »
I wouldn't mind extra time.... just saying

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2011, 09:35:48 AM »
Let me think this over will get back to you , and update with dates, .

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
Re: STAND OUT COMPETITION (Update)
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2011, 09:58:07 AM »
Stand Out Contest

intro: we have a little bit chat with a few of AM members, and we kind of want to come up with our own independent competition.

objective: - as an intuition to level up our skill in modding
                -  to promote a healthy competition between members to become THE BEST modder in AM
                - and most of all, for the fun and joy in modding.

Rules: there aren't much rules in this competition, BUT... we must all agree to mod on the same console. For this current competition, Rodent and I have agree on doing it on a CONTROLLER (PS3 OR XBOX360).

Date start : AUGUST 13,2011 (entrants may join after the start date as long as they submit a picture of the stock controller)
 Date ends :OCTOBER 8th,2011 (Vote end date October 15t
POLL 1 vote per member)

winner: will be decided by poll

Prize: for the moment  there are no prize. we will ask for the art section to make a special siggy. so the winner of this competition will have the honor to wear the siggy until the next winner is crowned.

are you ready to stand out between the rest?
tell me if you want to join in and i will add you to the list below.

current contestant + worklog pics:

1: Rodent
[spoiler]Rapid fire maybe some paint, maybe some led mods pretty simple stuff  nothing spectacular in my eyes but all in it to be the best

Colors painted, Blue and white
Leds not sure yet
If I use xbox 360 Rapid fire will be Hazers Flex RF or Crazy-Modders 6 mode RF

Pic of controllers with logo

[/spoiler]

2: wetfusion
[spoiler][/spoiler]

3: snowcolt17
[spoiler]im just going to throw together a controller from parts i have laying around .. here is some ideas

paint-dont know what colors yet
lights-maybe light the buttons? and ring swap
rf-might do a rf mod?

no clue. just gotta wait and see... o yea first mod lol

[/spoiler]

4: toadzilla
[spoiler]Red tiger Xbox 360 controller with see though  where the red paint would be  the abxy will have either bullets or are see though with
Red led shine thought or as a back light rapid fire. See though dpad with light shineing though or. Bullet with red back light  red rol  and red Back light on the rb  and lb buttons  with a red glow from the micport. I'll throw the stock picture on when i get home because I'm at a campsite tonight till tomorrow at noon

[/spoiler]

5: phantomz0
[spoiler]
wireless cg controller
wired controller bottom shell
internal batterys, recharged thru pnc cable
keeping rumble packs (or swap them out for smaller ones)
crapid fire (maybe with ICSP mini usb jack?)
abxy LED's
abxy flasher code
some other suprises
plus anything else i can cram into this thing...

[/spoiler]

6: geraldrubalcava
[spoiler]My project will be to add a ps3 controller into a snes controller. fully wireless and usb rechargeable...

[/spoiler]

7: 1TONpete
1st entry:
[spoiler]Here's my starting point. Please note this controller is for a client , I was just given free artistic reign . I had the controller modded before , it has a 4 mode RF installed. I will be updating that to an 8 mode with a programmable setting. I will be doing a bunch of clear mods , including clear sticks and dpad w gears logo molded inside and smaller gears logo's inside the buttons. Everything will be back lit red and I will be doing a led swap and dual color for 3/4 players and RF. The images in the picutre show the analog and buttons graffix.
[/spoiler]
2nd entry:
[spoiler]This is my second entry into the standout. This one I will be doing for my daughter Olivia. (Love you my lil modder)This has been a plan of mine for some time and unfortunatley I have been busy with other stuff . Well my daughters birthday is in early sept and I figured I should make her a new controller for her birthday.
I will be doing a PS3 controller in a SNES controller shell. I will be using the analog stick instead of the dpad to be able to still have most kids games able to be played. I will be placing purple and pink leds and back lighting some clear PS3 buttons (luckily fit right in the SNES only cut of extra tabs.)
Also I will be doing a disney princess theme for the graffix.

[/spoiler]

8: crazy-modder

9: FOOKz™
[spoiler]OK so here is a controller a friend gave me and hes giving me $30 to do whatever i want to it. The plan is to cut slits into the case and figure out how to put some kind of epoxy in there to make transparent slits for LEDs to shine through. The controller already has rapidfire in it so there is no worry. Then when im done with all of that I will sand the paint down a bit and clear coat it so its shiny and evenly coated.

If i have any better ideas for the lights like rumble-reactive i might try it but for now its going to be on/off with the controller.

[/spoiler]
10: shadowdawg101
[spoiler]Just to start off i would like to say,  My bad because i didn't realize this had started yet as i was on holiday.

Anywho i've got a controller, and ill upload pics when i unpack. Still no parts though....

7th Aug
so got my controller, lol brand new and never used. This is also my first time ive delved into xbox as im mostly a sony modder.

about half an hour after this picture was taken my mind started wondering what lurked inside so i opened and fully dissasembled it ready for modding, and don't test my pritty pink towel...

Oh i've realized i havent mentioned what im doing here. Well its nothing special but im painting it to match my xbox, which i've also never played on. Aha before you ask, as soon as it was swapped for a packed of cookies i started work on it and im still half way though doing it. Its a watercooed and  cookie monster themed. I've also taken plenty of pictures during its creation so when im done i'll post them all. All work has ground to a stop atm because my boss thinks shes absolutly hilarious not paying me straight away this month so i've only got £1.20 rolling around in my bank account for all the bankers to laugh at. Can't think of anything else to tell you but watch this space it may surprise analy rape you. ttfn

[/spoiler]
11: Mogler
[spoiler]Alright.. so im going to be a boss and put a wiimote inside an xbox 360 case.

I dont think this is the xbox 360 case i will be using ill probably be using a white case when i do the mod sense most of my tools are back in Michigan.
[/spoiler]
12: gunner7553
[spoiler]Well here is my entry. A PS3 controller mod that has never been done before 
I have no idea what to call this mod.

[/spoiler]

13: CreativeMindMedias

14: drummerdude
[spoiler]Heres the controller that i will be modding.

Plans: I will be putting in leds and bullet buttons(if i can find some). im going to atempt to do an anarchy theme, so i will atempt to paint an anarchy symbol on the controller. I have a general idea of what i want, but will prolly be adding more things as well.
[/spoiler]
15: magic_man185
[spoiler]I will be using a CG2 white oem Xbox 360 wireless controller.  I will be installing a custom programmable rapid fire written by me, and I may do some LED lighting or shell painting, I haven't quite decided on that yet. (Sorry for the poor quality pictures, the camera didn't work and I had to use my phone.  I will reupload some better pictures when I can.)

[/spoiler]

16: jago171
[spoiler]Hey all,

For this mod I plan to use my stock Blue PS3 controller I brought a wile ago not yet opened.
I hope to be adding blue smd's inside behind the face buttons.
Going to try something a bit different, I think might be useful. Not sure if it has already been done it involves a micro SD Card or Pro Duo.

Here is my Stock photo:

[/spoiler]

PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS NOT A ACIDMODS SPONSORED EVENT. MANAGMENT TAKES NO RESPONCABILITY FOR ITS OUTCOME. THERE WILL BE AN OFFICIAL SUMMER/FALL MOD OFF ONCE OUR FEARLESS LEADER IS HOME AND SETTLED.

never, ever, ever edit an admin tag

NEW Dates added
EDIT: DIDNT KNOW it would take 2 months do     to do  a  controller mod. this should of only took 3 weeks max not 2 months
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:15:37 AM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2011, 11:24:38 AM »
fk this if were going to get put down over stuff out of our hands in dropping out don't need to be put Down

Offline PsychoticWolf

• C.H.A.O.S Where art Thou.
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2011, 11:31:29 AM »
fk this if were going to get put down over stuff out of our hands in dropping out don't need to be put Down
Really? Toad no one is being put down. But Honestly I agree tho it shouldnt take 2 months. But hey you guys got your date extended. so just relax and make sure you finish on time. Cause this will be the final time it will be extended...

For the awesome Sigs Thanks goes to: Blazinkaos, Chef Boyardee
O o
/¯/________________________/
{ IMMA FIRIN' MA LAZAAAAAR!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass
RyanF: you want me to lick your crusty old buns dont you?
2/20/2012 at 08:55:34 PM

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2011, 11:42:06 AM »
Really? Toad no one is being put down. But Honestly I agree tho it shouldnt take 2 months. But hey you guys got your date extended. so just relax and make sure you finish on time. Cause this will be the final time it will be extended...
no one is being put down YET
EDIT: DIDNT KNOW it would take 2 months do     to do  a  controller mod. this should of only took 3 weeks max not 2 months
like really i can't help the mail doesnt come on time or that the controller is still in ny being put the final touches on i asked robin and fusion they both gave the go ahead even fusion said he could use more time so did rodent  i quote from yesterdays chat
if i was given ten more days alot more would be added
we all have really life too

Offline PsychoticWolf

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2011, 11:49:05 AM »
Yeah okay.. Everything has been said and whats been done has been done. No point trying to argue with the fact that more time is needed when its been extended already. yes Mail is late. Shipping is Late. what ever okay I understand that is beyond your control. But Quoting people isn't gonna help. yes they said 10 more days would be awesome more days would be good but simply its just over with now. I kinda find your post to me rude toad.. But hey its over with and its been extended. so everyone can do more work. Awesome!

Sippy Cups for everyone

O o
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2011, 11:50:42 AM »
I AGREE,  if you dont like it drop out!

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Cookie Monster

• I SMELL SOMETHING
  • CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • GIMMIE COOKIE
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2011, 12:09:21 PM »
lol, sigh another prolonged wait for the inevatable almost last place :D if only it was a week comp i might of won...

thanks toad and indy for the sigglys

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2011, 12:12:04 PM »
lol, sigh another prolonged wait for the inevatable almost last place :D if only it was a week comp i might of won...
yea you would of for the fast mod turn around time :) nice job love the Cookie monster theme

Rodent consoles mods

Offline snowcolt17

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
  • If all else fails, reflow it
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2011, 01:29:28 PM »
ok... just my opinion... im not no where done with my controller. but im not complaining. the dates were set. and no it shouldnt take as long to do a controller.

i say since the dates has changed just let it go. its done now.. 

toast for the sippy cups wolf...

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2011, 02:08:37 PM »
Yes i agree it shouldn't take this long for a controller mod off.

And yes i agree that if you feel you cannot finish in time then you should probably drop from the comp (No hard fellings).

Not trying to shoot anyone down im just stating...

I mean even "I" am having problems getting parts together for this, and may not finish because of it but i will just have to submit what i have gotten done so far. Same should go for everyone else.

I mean if you were serious about joining the comp then at least have the kahunas to finish it to the best of you abilities in the allotted time even if you don't finish.

I have spoken!!!! Lmao!

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 02:09:53 PM by CreativeMindMedias »

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline PsychoticWolf

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2011, 02:15:26 PM »
Alright from this moment forward no one is to mention this subject anymore. Its been taken care of. Just Go about your business with the Stand Out Comp. Stop bringing up Old news. Thank you very much

[mod] I am being Serious about this stop talking about what happen in the past hours and get working on your entry[/mod]

O o

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2011, 02:16:08 PM »
Yea what CreativeMindMedias said. I totally agree!!!!!!!!!  Not  wine about it. Unless you got chesse to go with your wine.... :rofl:

Edit: pyschoticWolf u posted before me . Sorry wouldn't of posted but u got your's in before me.
No more will be said from me.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 02:18:30 PM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline snowcolt17

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
  • If all else fails, reflow it
« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2011, 02:55:53 PM »
can i use my invisible controller???

Offline BUDDHA_123

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • omg!!!! PS3
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2011, 07:06:29 AM »
well I'm pretty much done with my mod, I hope everyone else does good on theres

Offline phenoptix

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Acidmods User
    • Phenoptix
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2011, 02:04:41 PM »
Looks like there are some decent entries. We could probably muster together a prize if there's not one forthcoming from elsewhere. Would just be some LEDs, resistors, transistors and xbox controller bits though. Nothing that a bunch of modders would be into I suppose...

Offline Nevbox

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +12/-5
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2011, 08:22:58 AM »
Lol, us modders eat that for breakfast :D

Offline magic_man185

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +16/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2011, 09:03:56 AM »
And "chips" for lunch. ;)

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2011, 09:19:53 AM »
too much facepalm in this topic for me to handle

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2011, 10:08:23 AM »
hey guys i've noticed that the finish date is now the 8th of october....

well im back from france now so am sat behind my old modding desk back in the uk..... i have various half done projects, un started projects, fresh pads and som busted old pads/boards... a few leds and chips about the place.... soooo am tempted to enter... if its ok ???

i no theres only like 10 days left.. but i can throw a entry togeather in that time.... not enough cash or time for me to spray it but i can mod it none the less in that time frame...

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2011, 10:40:39 AM »
hey guys i've noticed that the finish date is now the 8th of october....

well im back from france now so am sat behind my old modding desk back in the uk..... i have various half done projects, un started projects, fresh pads and som busted old pads/boards... a few leds and chips about the place.... soooo am tempted to enter... if its ok ???

i no theres only like 10 days left.. but i can throw a entry togeather in that time.... not enough cash or time for me to spray it but i can mod it none the less in that time frame...
would be honored to have you in the competition . Good luck and see you at the finish line.

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2011, 03:09:23 PM »
so does that mean spurg is coming back to am?

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2011, 03:36:39 PM »
so does that mean spurg is coming back to am?

i never left AM... im always lurching around in the background every day or soo..... just now im back in the uk i can start modding again....

as for my comp entry ill dig something stock out tomoro and start butchering old projects and spares to make something.... im sure i could make so simple led /rf mod... got get it done quick as im on the hunt for a job and could end up starting work a soon as next week.... so i aim to get the bulk of the work done tomoro wednesday and thursday...

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal