Author Topic: new pc/xbox pc  (Read 3028 times)

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
new pc/xbox pc
« on: August 04, 2011, 07:20:16 AM »
hi guys ok so i've never really built a pc from scratch before.... but later this year when i get back to the uk im going to make one, but i want it small, so i  can build it into a 360 case (yes not original but still sooooo cool)

i have the skills to do pc repairs and most of you no of my modding talents..... so no worrys on my capability's what i do need help with is a list of decent components, (nothing to priced)
that are all small enough to go inside the 360 case...

my basic specs for it will be....

decent processing power and plenty of ram, dont really mind about video but it would be a plus if i could squeeze one in...
sound well on board will do for my needs and i wnatto squeeze in a psu too...

my main uses for this computer will be for web design projects so it'll be running linux and a LAMP system to act is a local server so plenty of hardrive space and cpu/ram is needed..... a slim cd drive would be nice too

soooo  what can you guys reccommend for

Mobo-
psu-
hard-drive-
ram-
cd/dvd-

plus video/sound (if i can fit them in........
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:22:01 AM by spurgurgle »

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Re: new pc/xbox pc
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 07:23:49 AM »
I was wanting to do the same thing, so that i could using it for fixing the dvd drives when I repair the xboxes that have bad drives, would like it to be able to do everything though, even have a  awsome video card , maybe an old mod and been done already but who cares , its still fricken cool. and glad to see your getting back in  to modding  :hifive:

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 07:30:52 AM »
I was wanting to do the same thing, so that i could using it for fixing the dvd drives when I repair the xboxes that have bad drives, would like it to be able to do everything though, even have a  awsome video card , maybe an old mod and been done already but who cares , its still fricken cool. and glad to see your getting back in  to modding  :hifive:

i've never got out of modding, i just cant do it out here in france as i have none of my modding gear here and nowhere to do it, but i am seriously gettign the itch to mod something....its been over a year since i had a proper project.... did a few little mods over xmas when i was back in the uk.....

Spurgurgle d.t com

Offline Monk3y

• Amateur Modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 11:15:01 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27zvMsXAmwc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJOU_wDt8d0

I bought everything in that video brand new other than the xbox stuff. Hard drive i just used a laptop/old 360 hard drive since I can just put it in the stock 360 casings. In the first video I linked I just put the psu over the expansion slots but if you plan on putting a graphics card in that might be a bit hard to do :P I had like an inch on the bottom and an inch in the front for extra space and I used that mostly for cable management. The total cost of the project was right around $250.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 11:21:20 AM »
Love the wriged up power button :)

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline Monk3y

• Amateur Modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 11:57:58 AM »
Love the wriged up power button :)

thank you XD where the USB ports were I put 2 little holes there and installed 2 quite fancy push buttons for the power and reset. They costed me like $13 a piece XD
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 11:59:51 AM by Monk3y »

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 12:23:26 PM »
i've never got out of modding, i just cant do it out here in france as i have none of my modding gear here and nowhere to do it, but i am seriously gettign the itch to mod something....its been over a year since i had a proper project.... did a few little mods over xmas when i was back in the uk.....

What about your awesome WIFI mod!? :P

Offline Mogler

• Research & Development
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +11/-0
  • Seeding bittorrents like a digital pimp, son.
    • Indie Game Zone
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 01:07:02 PM »
Well if your your going to use a micro ATX mobo your going to have to use a laptop disk drive with an external PSU thats the only way it will fit in. What kinda specs were you trying to get out of this thing, or just a simple internet/coding computer?

Youtube: CallawayINC
Blog: Mogler

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 03:10:38 PM »
Well if your your going to use a micro ATX mobo your going to have to use a laptop disk drive with an external PSU thats the only way it will fit in. What kinda specs were you trying to get out of this thing, or just a simple internet/coding computer?

spec wise nothign to major, as it wont ever be used for gaming our anything to heavy on the cpu, it'll mostly be for coding and design work and running a lamp system to test out php and mysql offline before sending the sites out to clients.... sooo i imagine cpu wise 2-3gh ram 1-2gig... nothign mindblowing just nice and smooth to use ya no...

all im really looking for atm is a list of components that will fit in the 360 (hopefully) so i can do a bit of research on them and price this thing up... any good suggestions for

mobo-
hdd
ram sticks
psu
disk drive..... 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:19:23 PM by spurgurgle »

Spurgurgle d.t com

Offline Monk3y

• Amateur Modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 07:20:55 PM »
If you go to my finished video of my xbox pc there's a list/link to all the components I bought.

Offline zack247

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Bork or something.
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 01:31:38 AM »
you could watch my forum post here, i plan to put a AGP card in mine, but it will have to have wires between the card and the connector, same with the wifi card.
plus if you source your components well enough you can save a lot if you dont mind parts that are a bit out of date, my build has cost me around $15 so far and it just needs to be put together.
My systems:  -PSP 2001, CFW and PSP 3000 shell.  -PSP 1001, LED mods, custom firmware, speaker mods, sound reactive LEDs.  -Black NDSL, LED mod, 0.5x and 2x speed mod. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal