Author Topic: Help ds lite  (Read 2587 times)

Offline ihatexbox360

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • trying to mod a ds lite
Help ds lite
« on: August 30, 2011, 08:14:12 PM »
i need to know how to put leds into ds lite i never did anything led im a beginer tuts need to very detaild im

why are they make psp games look like ds games and they are barely making any more psp games pm me if you aggre

Offline BUDDHA_123

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • omg!!!! PS3
Re: Help ds lite
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 09:27:26 PM »
you pretty much put the positive from the led to the posotive to the speaker, and negative to the negative, use 30 gauge wrapping wire, then wire them to wherever you like

Offline ihatexbox360

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 05:49:02 AM »
but are the kind of LEDs im using ok click on this link these are the leds im using http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-x-5mm-2-Pins-Blue-LED-Light-Lamp-Bright-8000-Mcd-/150646515005?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23133b653d                                                                                                                                                                                         

are those ok to use  and could you tell me the complete story thanks for the help

why are they make psp games look like ds games and they are barely making any more psp games pm me if you aggre

Offline ihatexbox360

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
just got leds
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 08:28:13 PM »
hi i need some to tell me how to put leds in ds lite i just bought a shell for it click here    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-DS-Lite-Cover-Shell-Housing-Case-Clear-Blue-/380252752371?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item5888d489f3

then i bought a soldering gun 30 watt  click here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Soldering-Iron-30W-Rosin-Solder-Desoldering-Wick-Braid-/180704571631?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a12d4f0ef

then i bought wire click here   http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-6mm-Tin-Lead-Soldering-Solder-Wire-Rosin-Core-US-/140496051620?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b6379da4

then i bought 0603 smt leds        now tell me if i need more tolls ok so tell me how to install them please make it very detaild

iv never done any modding or leds so be very detaild.

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
Re: just got leds
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 08:50:56 PM »
dude no one can tell you how to solder but if you need directions thats a different story and really i wouldnt recommend attempting the mod if your asking if you bought the right soldering iron etc

but if i were id practice practice practice if i were u b4 hand you

but if your sure there 0603 leds ( man there a  :censored: to work with there freakin small id invest in some tweezers and a mag glass )
to remove them fire up your solder iron and what i like to do is the "flooding method)
which basically you fire up the soldering iron and get a blob of solder going and heat up the led sorta blob it on there so the solder can hit the hard to reach point under the led
but dont leave it on there to long youll burn the board id use a 15W solder iron

and MAKE SURE YOU DONT FORCE THEM OFF BECAUSE YOU WILL F UP THE CONTACTS ON THE BOARD
once removed youll see to shiny dots

and once removed if you dont know what point is neg and which is pos try searching google for a schematic if not you got one of two choices take take it from there nd just solder them on id try and use a pencil tip solder iron goodluck yes i m drunk sue me lol

Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 10:49:33 PM »
i need to know how to put leds into ds lite i never did anything led im a beginer tuts need to very detaild im

Feel free to pm me on this.

For the bottom half of the ds lite, you can use 3mm leds with ease. Seriously its really easy. On the left side of the motherboard, there are two capacitors to solder to, I think they are rated at 3.7v... If you take a picture of your motherboard, I will show you where to solder, and what resistor to use for your leds.  If you bought surface mount, it will be harder to solder, but easier to install.

I'd seriously like to help you on this, I haven't seen a ds mod in ages.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal