Author Topic: Help With My Xbox 360 DVD drive!!  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Luigus

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +6/-3
  • PSP-Direct Team
Help With My Xbox 360 DVD drive!!
« on: August 16, 2011, 09:17:19 AM »
Hi all!

ok so ife been working on this Xbox for like a month now.. And this is the first problem ife encouterted...

As i switch on my xbox the middle green light starts flashing, normally this is an DVD problem right? so i checked the SATA and Power cables and there didnt seem to be a problem... I tried to open the Tray by pushing the eject button, but no response... Last night when i plugged in the drive the xbox gave me the RROD with 3 lights.. i switched it on and off and it was normal again.. I think its something to do with the power to the DVD drive. When i switch it on theres no response from the DVD drive...

Its a BenQ VAD6030 drive... I checked the dvd drives power on another xbox and it didnt seem to power up either...

PLease help is needed

Offline magic_man185

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +16/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Help With My Xbox 360 DVD drive!!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 09:19:57 AM »
Did you remove the DVD drive from the box?  If so, make sure you reinserted the power cable the correct direction.  There are to notches that fit into the drive, i believe the notches face down.  It seems like there would be no way to put it in upside down, but it has happened to me and many other people.  I was fortunate enough to not cause any damage to my drive.

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 10:03:35 AM »
check the wires on ur power cable. sometimes when u unplug the power cable, you may accidentally pull out one of the wires slightly, causing the pin to not make full contact with the wire.  ive had that happen to me once.
MY CONSOLE LIST:

-1 PS   )                -1 GameCube
-1 PS2 (fa              -2 OG Gameboys
-1 PS2 (slim           -2 color gameboys -1 PS3                   -1 GBA -5 PSP                   -1 Gameboy SP -1 iPod TOUCH                   -2 NDS w/r4 -1 iPod video 5g                 -1 Wii -1 iPod nano (2-1g)(1-3g)    -1 Sega Genisis -2 NES                             -1 Atari Lynx -1 Gameboy micro

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 10:07:40 AM »
Well your in luck, first of all its a Benq drive, so there for its one of the easiest to flash, I have had this promblem my self, and its probable a mobo issue, which is no big deal,

SO step 1- is to get another benq drive being that there are the easies to replace.
Step 2- you dont need no fancy tools to flash a benq drive, so  theres another plus you can do it right from the xbox 360 just need alonger sata cable.
Step 3 is to get the  key off it, which i persnally can help you step by step on here or on yahoo which ever is easier,
Step 4 when ever your ready to start the process PM me and we will get this fixed asap :)

will give you step by step instructions to help you along :)

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline Luigus

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +6/-3
  • PSP-Direct Team
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 11:36:52 AM »
i checked the connection, its not upwards :sadno:..

Soo yea i'll check if therz any loose wires there and ill update to tell if that was the problem..

Thankz rodent, im currently not near any PC (i'm using what little time i have on it). so i'll PM you maybe next week or around then. lol your always here to help dude :tup:.. And dont you need the old drive too get the DVD key(cuz this one aint workin??)

Thanx again everyone!

EDIT:

ok so i checked the wires again, no problem there :dntknw:...

« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 11:45:43 AM by Luigus »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 12:09:51 PM »

Thankz rodent, im currently not near any PC (i'm using what little time i have on it). so i'll PM you maybe next week or around then. lol your always here to help dude :tup:.. And dont you need the old drive too get the DVD key(cuz this one aint workin??)

Thanx again everyone!

EDIT:

ok so i checked the wires again, no problem there :dntknw:...
Yes you need the orignal drive , so dont lose the one your working on, and I will show you how to do that , get the key etc, to put on new drive or new used drive , like i said your very lucky its a benq , wish the were all benq drives....lol

Your welcome :)

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal