Author Topic: Monitor Help!!! (Urgent)  (Read 2271 times)

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
Monitor Help!!! (Urgent)
« on: October 09, 2011, 08:06:42 PM »
Alright, I need the help of a wiring expert.

I have a 22" monitor. That I use my computer and xbox on.  It has HDMI input, and for sound output there is a 3.5mm jack.  Well I tried to hook up the 3.5mm from the monitor to the PC's MIC port, so I could listen to the xbox through my PC, and use both at the same time.  I hear some crackling, and the audio from the hdmi port just disappears.  I cannot get audio from the monitor anymore.  Here are some solutions I had, but I need help with them:

1. Reflow / Fuse repair.
Could I have burnt something? Should I reflow the board (probably would help NOTHING) or should I look for fuses and bridge them?  I suck at finding fuses, so If I uploaded pictures of the boards inside the motherboard, would you guys be able to look at them for me?

2 HDMI to RCA/ 3.5mm

This is another obvious solution.  But there is no adapter that exists.  Unless someone can find me one, I would love for someone to make me a diagram where I could wire up an HDMI - HDMI AND 3.5mm adapter.  There are hdmi to hdmi adapters, so all I would have to do is wire up 3.5mm jack to one port on the adapter right? And I could do display to the monitor, and audio directly to the speakers?

Thanks in advanced.

-nEo

Offline snowcolt17

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
  • If all else fails, reflow it
Re: Monitor Help!!! (Urgent)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 08:27:23 PM »
Alright, I need the help of a wiring expert.

I have a 22" monitor. That I use my computer and xbox on.  It has HDMI input, and for sound output there is a 3.5mm jack.  Well I tried to hook up the 3.5mm from the monitor to the PC's MIC port, so I could listen to the xbox through my PC, and use both at the same time.  I hear some crackling, and the audio from the hdmi port just disappears.  I cannot get audio from the monitor anymore.  Here are some solutions I had, but I need help with them:

1. Reflow / Fuse repair.
Could I have burnt something? Should I reflow the board (probably would help NOTHING) or should I look for fuses and bridge them?  I suck at finding fuses, so If I uploaded pictures of the boards inside the motherboard, would you guys be able to look at them for me?

2 HDMI to RCA/ 3.5mm

This is another obvious solution.  But there is no adapter that exists.  Unless someone can find me one, I would love for someone to make me a diagram where I could wire up an HDMI - HDMI AND 3.5mm adapter.  There are hdmi to hdmi adapters, so all I would have to do is wire up 3.5mm jack to one port on the adapter right? And I could do display to the monitor, and audio directly to the speakers?

Thanks in advanced.

-nEo

your talking about for 360 right?

what all inputs does your monitor have? just vga and hdmi?

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Xbox360-HDMI-RCA-audio/#step1

then you can buy a rca/3.5mm jack..
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 08:30:18 PM by snowcolt17 »

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 08:34:08 PM »
your talking about for 360 right?

what all inputs does your monitor have? just vga and hdmi?

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Xbox360-HDMI-RCA-audio/#step1

then you can buy a rca/3.5mm jack..

Yes just HDMI and VGA.  The HDMI sound sent to a 3.5mm jack.

I haven't read the instructable yet.  It says HDMI to RCA which is exactly what I need.  But would I be able to use it for my PS3 as well? Or anything Else with HDMI?

The Wii2HDMI adapter already has a 3.5mm WITH HDMI.  I need something just like this, except instead of the proprietary Wii Port, Just an HDMI port.

I'm thinking this might work? http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Powered-Switcher-Optical-Stereo/dp/B004IH680C  Expensive though.

Offline snowcolt17

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 08:42:24 PM »
the instuctables is just modifying the 360 av cable so you can plug the av and hdmi at once. you will most likely need a converter box.

idk if it will work. but i made a av to vga cable for my 360. and maybe find the audio source for it. and wire a 3.5mm for it and then buy a vga to hdmi cable?

understand?

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 08:45:22 PM »
the instuctables is just modifying the 360 av cable so you can plug the av and hdmi at once. you will most likely need a converter box.

idk if it will work. but i made a av to vga cable for my 360. and maybe find the audio source for it. and wire a 3.5mm for it and then buy a vga to hdmi cable?

understand?

Lol.

I'm just going to purchase some 2:1 speakers with rca inputs.  HDMI to monitor, rca to speakers. I didn't know that you could use both at the same time!!!

And if that doesn't work, I'll try your method.

Offline snowcolt17

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 08:47:10 PM »
yea. you gotta cut the bottom off the av cable so they will both fit. if you get it to work let me know. if not. i will give you the links to the other method ;)

best of luck

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal