Author Topic: Ds Lite Issue  (Read 2473 times)

Offline unknown_atom

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Ds Lite Issue
« on: November 18, 2011, 04:00:14 PM »
Hello,

I bought my son a ds lite for Christmas, unfortunately after trying to repair a broken hinge issue I've caused some other problem which makes the ds lite function faulty.

The ds doesn't seem to hold it's charge anymore, it's perfectly fine when plugged in though. I've been told it's just a case of needing a new battery, although I compared my sons battery with my daughters and it works fine with my daughters, although my daughters was fine inside hers but not in my sons.

When I try to use the system (after charging) it will only play normal games for about 15 minutes, when I put in my sons r4 card it shuts down either immediately or after 5 minutes. It sometimes stays 'green' then goes red before dying or it will flash between red and green. I've taken the ds to a repair outlet here but I've been told it's not 'repairable' and that the problem is the 'motherboard'. However, I don't quite buy that because I would of assumed if it was beyond repair it wouldn't work at all. (though I don't know)

Thought I would ask here.

Offline zack247

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Bork or something.
Re: Ds Lite Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 11:38:57 PM »
cant say ive ever heard of that happening before, its quite a peculiar issue.
if a known-good battery still isnt letting it work it very well could be an issue with the motherboard somewhere, has anything happened to the DS recently that may have caused the issue? (anything at all)
My systems:  -PSP 2001, CFW and PSP 3000 shell.  -PSP 1001, LED mods, custom firmware, speaker mods, sound reactive LEDs.  -Black NDSL, LED mod, 0.5x and 2x speed mod. 

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 05:39:36 AM »
I would assume that something is draining the battery. Possibly a short from the hinge repair.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Offline unknown_atom

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 01:33:22 PM »
The only thing that I've done was repair the hinge and top screen. (I ripped the cable the first time round) Where the power light is seen, the plastic corner's screws didn't go fully in and they ended up stripping but they wasn't that far from being in. Apart from these the repair went well I thought, the case fitted back together well without any force what-so ever.

Short? Sorry things like really do go over my head.

I appreciate the responses guys :)

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 07:52:16 PM »
what he means by a short is that there might be something touching the motherboard that there shouldnt be. and that that may be whats causing the battery to drain extremely fast.

also what do you mean you repaired the hinge? did you replace the housing? or just fix the hinge?

Also did you use any kind of solovent when you were fixing it? (water, cleaning solution, glue?)

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline unknown_atom

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 08:00:10 PM »
I replaced the shell and hinge.

I used a small amount of pva glue to stick down the top screens screw covers. (no where else) that was after taking it apart again to see if i had trapped anything. could the screws in the corner near the light (the very long ones) be the root of the issue? it's possible that they are slightly touching.

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 08:35:43 PM »
take it apart and see if you can get it to operate without the shell. maybe there is some debris on the board that are affecting it.

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal