Author Topic: TheArkMan2009 is back, ready for more!  (Read 1254 times)

Offline thearkman2009

• Registered BST
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Designing Innovative Mods
    • SteelROMs
TheArkMan2009 is back, ready for more!
« on: November 28, 2011, 10:09:52 PM »
After a LONG absence, I am back, with a newly purchased PSP 1000.  Of course, naturally, the first mod I did, was common, the USB charge mod.  I found it to be almost NECESSARY.  lol

I will either make a new thread, or edit this one once I have some pictures up.  Here is what I will be doing next, with some brainstorming between me and loboplayero:

1:  Replace UMD drive (DUH), with a whole new design, with MOVING parts.  I will be taking parts from digital camera with iris's, telescopic lenses (motors), and more.  Of course, they will be LED lit where appropriate.

2:  My personal favorite, a DUAL memory card option (hot-swappable via a switch).  One card will be a MicroSD to Pro Duo adapter that will hold a 16GB memory card, and the other will be a "permanent" install of a fully functional "Magic Memory Stick".  Battery will of course be an AutoBoot battery, so it will work with either memory card.  change the switch, change the card, that simple.  The MicroSD adapter card, will be in the standard, accessible slot, and the "Magic Memory Stick" will be in the area above it, or somewhere else, depending on space.

3:  A switch that will select either 2 or 4 extra (PSP stock) speakers, to aid in the sound output in addition to the original 2.  All speakers will have a new, redesigned, sound-reactive mod, for better visual, rather than be speaker-driven.

This is going to be a whole new game for me, as I am coming from my newfound love for Android Custom ROM development for the Droid1, Droid2, Droid2Global, Droid3, and DroidX.

If I get adventurous enough, I might even try to make a custom firmware for the PSP 1000, but that will be a ways off, if ever.

Let me know what you guys think, and if you have any suggestions!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal