Author Topic: "Downgrade Dongle" question (in E3 Flasher downgrade tutorial)  (Read 4509 times)

Offline thearkman2009

• Registered BST
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Designing Innovative Mods
    • SteelROMs
I see it says you need to use a downgrade dongle to put my PS3 SLIM into Factory/Service Mode, to allow for flashing a lower firmware.  I have:

* TI-84+ Silver Edition calculator
* Motorola Droid 1
* PSP 1000

I have tried every app/payload combination I could think of.  But still no luck.

Im trying to go from 4.11 OFW, to 3.55 CFW (any really, but Rogero v3.1 is my target).

The BIGGEST issue I see here, is that there are NO dongles (that I have seen) that are able to put a PS3 Slim with OFW 4.11 into Factory/Service Mode.  Im NOT talking about the Recovery Menu that you access with a long hold of the power button twice, and has an all black screen with 6 options.

At the point where the official E3 downgrade video tells you to use the downgrade dongle, you would STILL be on 4.11, so doesnt that mean that you CANT do the downgrade, as you CANT get into Factory/Service Mode on 4.11?

I dont see why you would need the dongle in the first place, if your flashing the NOR directly, but my knowledge of how the hardware works internally, is minimal.

Any assistance would be great.  If I CAN use either of the three devices I listed above to successfully put the PS3 Slim into Factory/Service Mode, please let me know HOW!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 06:41:33 PM by thearkman2009 »

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
Re: "Downgrade Dongle" question (in E3 Flasher downgrade tutorial)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 09:50:23 PM »
dont think you can downgrade without using the e3 flasher all the files you need should be supplied on there site
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:53:06 PM by edokassiah »
Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

Offline thearkman2009

• Registered BST
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Designing Innovative Mods
    • SteelROMs
Re: "Downgrade Dongle" question (in E3 Flasher downgrade tutorial)
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 09:48:16 AM »
Yeah, I know I need the E3 Flasher (which I have), but I don't have a downgrade dongle to put the system into Factory/Service Mode.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal