Author Topic: My 3rd controller mod - Fighting Stick (Sanwa)  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Johan1973

• Lord of Chaos
  • Registered BST
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Modding Maniac
My 3rd controller mod - Fighting Stick (Sanwa)
« on: March 10, 2012, 07:20:40 AM »
While I was making my 2nd controller mod I had an accident involving getting some super glue on the circuit board pads for the buttons, which made them very unresponsive. So I ordered a new controller, and put it aside for a later project. This weekend the parts came in and I set to work, to use the circuit board for a fighting controller/retro gaming controller. So I built the box out of mdf, painted it, wired up the buttons, the stick (had to modify the sanwa stick as I wanted it to work on the analog left thumbstick to allow it to work as a xbox 360 controller as well), removed the right stick and put it on a circuit board and mounted it on some distances to get it at the correct height above the main stick. I then found some suitable battery clamps that could hold the rumbler motors and hotglued them to the inside of the box, which resulted in the whole box vibrating when playing a game that supports rumbling (street fighter IV, but sadly not Super Street fighter iv).

Just throwing up the video here so that someone else might find the inspiration in case they have an extra controller and want something that works for mame, retrogaming, fighting games, and even as a regular controller (for some games). The right trigger has a full engaged and 1/2 engaged button (two buttons) to allow it to be used in some game that rely on that function. If anyone have any questions about how to do this build, feel free to ask :)

My Fighting Stick - 3rd Xbox 360 controller mod

Offline Aggressive Mods

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +4/-3
  • Aggressive Modz
Re: My 3rd controller mod - Fighting Stick (Sanwa)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 07:39:24 AM »
You do some great work. Did you do the Mod off? Looks good man!  :hifive:

Offline Johan1973

• Lord of Chaos
  • Registered BST
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Modding Maniac
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 08:20:36 AM »
No, I did not do the mod off. Thank you.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 08:35:07 AM »
Johan1973 I must say this we are glad to have you here at Acidmods, you have brought some new ideas to this site and show great work here. Nice job once again on this awesome controller mod... keep up the awesome work you do ... thanks for being a part of Acidmods also.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal