Author Topic: Is it ever worth it to buy RRoD xbox 360 with broken seals to fix up?  (Read 2147 times)

Offline john127

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Or is it only worth it to hunt down the ones with the seal intact?

Also does anyone have any ideas as to finding broken xbox 360 consoles other than the usual browsing ebay?

Thanks guys!

P.S. Its great to become a part of your community here!

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Or is it only worth it to hunt down the ones with the seal intact?

Also does anyone have any ideas as to finding broken xbox 360 consoles other than the usual browsing ebay?

Thanks guys!

P.S. Its great to become a part of your community here!

Craiglist is one place ... as for finding consoles with seals still in tack i have been doing this for about 2 years now sometimes you get lucky other times you dont. Some consoles are repariable others are not unless you have the proper equiment to reball the console...  I am right now trying to save to buy a good machine where i can do reballs and stuff for are acidmod members and for myself ,

welcome to the community also glad to have more xbox guys here :) ... sorry guys but Xbox seems to be the new thing right now :)

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline john127

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Craiglist is one place ... as for finding consoles with seals still in tack i have been doing this for about 2 years now sometimes you get lucky other times you dont. Some consoles are repariable others are not unless you have the proper equiment to reball the console...  I am right now trying to save to buy a good machine where i can do reballs and stuff for are acidmod members and for myself ,

welcome to the community also glad to have more xbox guys here :) ... sorry guys but Xbox seems to be the new thing right now :)

So if you found a RRoD xbox 360 console with a broken seal for say, 25$ would you buy it?

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
So if you found a RRoD xbox 360 console with a broken seal for say, 25$ would you buy it?
For me that repairs them yes i would...  if they have everything I will pay up to $50 some times more...depending on the condition , i have been burned a few times but I look at this way.. I am in the business to do this so even when i got consoles the dvd drive didnt match it finally paid off I used for parts or now that the rgh is out I have made my money back being i could get the key and make it a RGH console :) win win in my book ...

Rodent consoles mods

Offline john127

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
For me that repairs them yes i would...  if they have everything I will pay up to $50 some times more...depending on the condition , i have been burned a few times but I look at this way.. I am in the business to do this so even when i got consoles the dvd drive didnt match it finally paid off I used for parts or now that the rgh is out I have made my money back being i could get the key and make it a RGH console :) win win in my book ...

What is RGH? Excuse my ignorance.

Also, how would it ever be worth it to buy for $50? They don't sell for more than $70 and after shipping and fees thats only maybe $55.

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
An RGH is basically a way to Run Unsigned code by microsoft, such as Emulaters, custom Dashboards, Etc.. I buy most of my console for about $15, and i usually can get $80-$90 for them without any accesories. I probably wouldnt buy one for $50 unlesss i know exactly what was wrong with it and i knew i could fix it and make money on it. just my 2 cents  :tup:

EDIT: also about the seals, most of the ones i buy have the seals on them, but i break them to fix it, it only takes me about an hour to fix and xbox, but it takes like a month when you send it to microsoft...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 03:03:23 PM by Sammy »

Toad: Sam, You sound like your stoned out of your mind lol
Me: :D

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
What is RGH? Excuse my ignorance.

Also, how would it ever be worth it to buy for $50? They don't sell for more than $70 and after shipping and fees thats only maybe $55.
As Sammy explained the RGH... yea like i said off craiglis that is where you can meet people in person pay cash off line I buy from members or other stuff I have spent a $100 to $125 for consoles off ebay... knowing i can return and make anywhere from $200 to $300 for the console RGh... thing is so many people making them now its hard to sell at that price going rate now for a RGH ( Reset glitch hack) the after effect of a jtag.. does the same thing as a jtag boot times longer though then a jtag console...

Thanks Sammy for explaing the (RGH) Reset glitch hack consoles.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 04:35:43 PM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal