Author Topic: Need some help with a Laptop  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
Need some help with a Laptop
« on: May 26, 2012, 07:01:28 PM »
Hey guys i need some help with a Toshiba Satellite l505. for some reason the audio and usb ports are not wanting to work, it has few other problems also, My dad brought it home and said his friend gave it to him to fix, that was a year ago and he just let us keep it, so i decided to look at it, and i got it to boot up, but its very wierd, it had win 7 home edition 64bit, with a password, aso i tried to install ubunto because i like linux better, but it freezes on loading, tried 3 different disks, and the usbs wont work so i couldnt boot that way. so i tried to reinstall win 7 because it  had a password i didnt know, it did the same, tried 3 different hard drives. tried different ram, so finally i used a password cracker on it and got the password, it windows boots up but it says No audio out poot device is installed, and the usbs just wont work at all so i cant use a usb sound card. i tried installing and deleting  and reinstalling the drivers, i can't find any fix for this i  searched for hours and hours, ive tried changing setting in bios, nothing seems to work. anyone know anything i can try?? please help!  :beg:

Toad: Sam, You sound like your stoned out of your mind lol
Me: :D

Offline snowcolt17

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
  • If all else fails, reflow it
Re: Need some help with a Laptop
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 07:10:38 PM »
you do know, this is a common problem with these things? only thing i can say is. replace them..

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
Re: Need some help with a Laptop
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 07:44:38 PM »
Yea ive heard that Satellites are crap, my old dell ive have for like 3 years lcd just burnt out so i was trying to my one, guess ill just keep savin up! lol. it still works for WoW though so ill just use it for that xD

Toad: Sam, You sound like your stoned out of your mind lol
Me: :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal