Console Modding------ ( Here you can talk about your favorite Consoles ) > Nintendo Wii

Quick Wii questions

(1/4) > >>

Fayko:
Im looking to pick up a wii off craigslist im hoping to find one who's dvd drive is broken but everything else works so i can get one cheap, i need to know what firmware it has to be to mod/soft mod the wii so it can play my wii games off a hard drive or stream them off my computer. Also how to do this mod?

Rodent:
I believe it has to be less then 4.3 its been a while i did mine a while ago and all you need to do to mod it is a 2gb sd card or more... pretty simple to do ... take your time and read  thru tuts.. we also have some info here on homebrew channel i think.. been along time..

whitetop:
yes only 4.3 as its very brickable on others there are some good loaders to load your games off hdd i use usb loader simple as hell to use even for my 5year old son. if you did a google you'll get everything you want tuts files videos the lot.

Rodent:
think i did mine on 4.1 or upgraded to that i forget its been so long ago ..did it with out a dvd drive working also all the files you can find by googling it pretty simple mod to do also

3D0kassiah:
them wii's are like 50 40 bucks now i find those all the time at local pawnshops why you looking for one with broken crap on it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version