Author Topic: 36X Controller PCB  (Read 16009 times)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: 36X Controller PCB
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2012, 03:44:54 PM »

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 04:52:14 PM »
I can't answer exactly what you'll need or not, it wasn't made for that, it's design is to do whatever you want with it, so it mainly depends on what you're wanting or trying to do.

If I would use it like a normal controller??
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 04:53:02 PM by rafaliyo86 »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2012, 07:08:47 AM »

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
I received mine same time... Make sure you give him Trade Count  :tup:  :#1:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 07:09:31 AM by Rodent »

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2012, 12:39:27 PM »
If I would use it like a normal controller??

I don't know if you're getting what this was designed for or not, but it can't be used like a 'normal controller' because it's not a controller at all, it's just a blank slate for you to do whatever you want with inside the 360 shell and layout.

Say you want to put an SNES controller into the 360 shell, I don't know why, but say you do. You'd use this board and wire up it's button contacts to the spots on the SNES board that you wanted them to be. D-pad to the D-pad, L to LB, Start to Start and so on. In that case, you don't really need the Sticks, Headset and other connectors, no Triggers either for that matter in that layout.

Now if you're wanting to put a PS3 controller in the 360 shell, then you'll need the Triggers, PnC charge and Headset connectors, then for the Sticks it really depends on the version of PS3 controller used if they can be the 360 style or have to be the PS3 style.

The 36X board is really just that, a board. It's not a solder up a few parts, drop in the controller and play on the 360 kind of thing. It's a blank slate to do whatever you want while staying in the 360 controller shell, without having to strip down an existing 360 controller board to use it for the button contacts, which is far more work and might be in a button layout that you're new project controller isn't in.

So again, I can't tell you what you'll need or not, unless I know exactly what you're wanting to do.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2012, 06:11:43 AM »
Kind of a related topic, the work on the DuXe PCB is in the prototype stage right now.

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,41960.0.html
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal