Author Topic: Xbox 360 Controller ABXY LED Flasher [Revision 00.3] *UPDATED*  (Read 59648 times)

Offline Beneath

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Xbox 360 Controller ABXY LED Flasher [Revision 00.3] *UPDATED*
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2010, 01:41:42 PM »
Problem here ha

I go and hook up all the wires etc but when I press the sync, or any button for the matter, the whole controller turns off. I really do not know what todo. I tried it with a tac switch thinking that my sync solder might be the problem, it still turned the whole controller off. Im stumped.

I know alot of people do not like this kind of post, but if I could get a answer or any support fast, it would be great. Im trying to ship this off to my nephew for his b-day. If I can't get it working, its all good. Ill throw normal buttons in instead.

Thanks
-Beneath.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 01:52:37 PM by Beneath »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2010, 01:57:33 PM »
when its off, there is no voltage, when you press the sinc it applies power to the leds, and since there is a short in one of your leds, it is causing the controller to shut off. remove all the led leeds from the chip, turn on the controller with just power ground and sinc hooked up, press the sinc button to turn on the chip, then start reconecting the leds to each of the different pins, when the controller shuts off again, you will know where the short is.

Offline Beneath

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2010, 02:02:09 PM »
See, even with no leds connected, it still does it. Im assumng then there's a short in one of the wires thats connected to the chip?

That was a fast reply!

Edit: I could of wired it wrong...but I basically already tried that. I swaped the power just for the hell of it and then the controller will not turn on, so that isent it ha. I changed the wires too. If there a possibility I damaged the sync button? Its just weird that it still works if the wire isent soldered to the pic. That still dosent explain why the tac switch wouldnt work eather.

I could reprogram it just incase...Idk Im trying everything
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 03:44:42 PM by Beneath »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2010, 03:49:04 PM »
just connect the power from the controller to the top left pin (the leg beside the circle) then just connect the ground to the right top pin. solder a wire to pin two the one under the power wire, same side as the circle, second one down from the top.  see what happens

sonds like you have your ground and positive backwards can you take a picture please. I want to see the conections on the controller board.

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2010, 07:52:40 AM »
what controller type are u using..... this chip works fine on cg1 and cg2..... but i beleive may need a tact switch instead of the sync button on a matrix pad.... but am not 100% sure..... i would test for u but im away from home..... wont be back till late this year....

so does anyone no if the sync button on the matrix pads work the same as cg.....

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline aptyler

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2010, 11:32:34 PM »
 :help: so I'm new to the programing of the moddi g world iv installed like 100 mods in my controller but I thought o would learn how to take an open source code and put it on a chip. So I gave that part down but as you put down 150 ohm resistors I purchased then online but they seem to be bigger in size could some 1 link me to the exact resistors or just give me the specs.

-Tyler

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2010, 02:28:08 PM »
you want 1/4 watt resistors

Offline Data Hacker

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2010, 12:50:37 AM »
this is one of the best hex's on this site! thanks for making it!

Also maybe you should make another hex exactly like this only it has 4 extra modes to keep only one light on until you change to a different mode and still keep this hex up, that would be epic for people who use it for other things besides xbox 360 controllers or who would like to only keep one light at a time on. just a suggestion  :yess:

i will defiantly be making one if you don't if i ever freaking learn how to code hex's...

thanks for considering  :winker:

keep up the outstanding work! i love all your codes and use all of them!  :yess:

Offline wtfisausername

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2012, 04:01:21 AM »
Thanks, this could be useful.

Edit: v00.3 is down, can you re-upload please?
Edit2: Nvm it seems like the dll link in the official free code list is different than V00.1
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 04:25:02 AM by wtfisausername »

Offline Fortune

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2012, 10:19:04 PM »
Hey guys,
Im actually using a PS3 version of this flasher chip -- BUT the schematic is the SAME. Im wondering how I would wire this to a tact switch instead of the sync button..

(Do I just run two wires from the sync pic to the tact button) -- Or is it something else? Please get back to me! Thanks!

Offline Phantom

• Club AM VIP
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +11/-1
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2012, 03:32:21 AM »
Pin 2 will go to one side of your tact switch, the other side of the tact switch goes to ground.

Offline Fortune

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2012, 09:29:16 AM »
Awesome, thanks!

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2012, 07:52:51 AM »
Hey guys,
Im actually using a PS3 version of this flasher chip

this chip/program can be used in anything.....anything that has a voltage supply inside the perimeters of the 12f683. and if you have something supplying a higher voltage, just use a 5v regulator. It has been used it in controllers, psp's, xboxes, playstations, laptops, car speakers....anything

Offline 3lite117

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2012, 05:10:59 AM »
Ive managed to install this into my controller along with rapid fire, used a tac switch on top of the controller for the leds tho and man its cool Thanks so much for the great code t0pP8uZz! quick vid of it in action  :drunk:

[IMG]

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2012, 07:00:12 AM »
3lite117   Really nice install there and nice work on the buttons, very clear and clean looking, Congrates  :tup:

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline 3lite117

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2012, 12:12:37 AM »
Thanks Rodent Ive made quite a few codes from the sight and Id say it was one of the best to do when it turned out so great, I think ill make one Led tut that spurgurgle  put up about lighting up most of the parts on the controller bumpers triggers dpad ect.. also Hazers Final Rapid fire looks interesting so that will come too.
Here is a couple of pics from the install as I had the Rapid fire chip on the top of the board I managed to sneek the Led chip on the under side with room to spare :)

Offline Fortune

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2012, 01:21:00 PM »
Hey Guys,
I wanted to see if you could construct a separate HEX file with just 2 modes (on and off).

All I wanted to find was a code that can simply turn all the LEDs off, and all the LEDs on at once.
This will be used for a PS3 controller. Unfortunately what I have found is that when hard-wiring in on/off switches (to power/ground) it makes the controller cease to function when the lights are turned off (because it cut ground to the entire board VS just the LEDs)

Please let me know if you have a simple On/Off code.
Thanks a lot!

Offline magic_man185

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +16/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2012, 01:42:44 PM »
Hey Guys,
I wanted to see if you could construct a separate HEX file with just 2 modes (on and off).

All I wanted to find was a code that can simply turn all the LEDs off, and all the LEDs on at once.
This will be used for a PS3 controller. Unfortunately what I have found is that when hard-wiring in on/off switches (to power/ground) it makes the controller cease to function when the lights are turned off (because it cut ground to the entire board VS just the LEDs)

Please let me know if you have a simple On/Off code.
Thanks a lot!
If you are using a switch to turn the LEDs on and off, dont actually break the ground connection for the controller. Put the negative wire from your leds to one leg of the switch, and tie the other leg of the switch with your ground point.  If the switch is off, it just doesn't complete the circuit for the leds, but it doesn't interfere with the operation of the controller.

Offline Fortune

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2012, 10:00:10 PM »
Right now I currently wire up the LEDs straight to the board.
(Negative Leg to a negative or ground point ///// Positive Leg to a Positive Point + Resistor)

Im looking to put in 10+ LEDs Sometimes. How do you wire ALL of those up AND put in one single switch to turn them on and off?
Also, I prefer to use a tact switch for the size. However, without an actual programmed chip, the function is momentary. Do you have any solution for that?

(Do you wire one side of the switch to the neg, and one to ground?) Sorry for the confusion, I appreciate your help!

Offline Fortune

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2012, 10:19:02 PM »
If you are using a switch to turn the LEDs on and off, dont actually break the ground connection for the controller. Put the negative wire from your leds to one leg of the switch, and tie the other leg of the switch with your ground point.  If the switch is off, it just doesn't complete the circuit for the leds, but it doesn't interfere with the operation of the controller.

In reviewing your message that totally makes sense. Thank you very much!
However, I still want to know how to hook up multiple LEDs all to ONE switch. Just connect all the NEG legs to the same side of the switch? If so, I guess thats straight forward enough.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:20:35 PM by Fortune »

Offline Bigandrewgold

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2012, 11:40:56 PM »
In reviewing your message that totally makes sense. Thank you very much!
However, I still want to know how to hook up multiple LEDs all to ONE switch. Just connect all the NEG legs to the same side of the switch? If so, I guess thats straight forward enough.
Well you CAN do it in either parallel(as you described) or in series(led1 neg connected to switch, led1 pos connected to led 2 neg, led 2 pos connected to led 3 neg, and so on and so forth).  But, if I remember correctly, parallel lets the voltage stay at 3ish V(whatever the controller is outputting) which is most likely required to make the leds work.  If you do it in series the voltage would be .3 volts, which wont work.

So yea, do it in parallel.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2012, 05:49:37 AM »
your confusing him and me now.....lol

wire it in parallel, all grounds go together, all pos goes together.

Offline magic_man185

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +16/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2012, 07:42:04 AM »
Yes, definitely wire it in parallel.  Also, the more LEDs, the lower value your resistor has to be.  Here is a great tool for calculating the resistor value, the last one on the page is for parallel LEDs. http://www.hebeiltd.com.cn/?p=zz.led.resistor.calculator

Offline Fortune

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2012, 03:34:54 PM »
Thanks for all of your help.
This was all very informational and beneficial for me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal