Author Topic: Resiliency  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Resiliency
« on: July 18, 2012, 05:06:20 PM »
I am always on the look out for a jtagable xbox. I can never find one. I purchased my unit from Rodent and preformed the jtag myself. I have a co worker who is bout 25. I showed him my jtag and he was in love. So for the next few months he was bringing me broken xboxes like clock work, once a week. I reflowed them and we sold them on ebay until he found one that was jtagable. I jtagged it for him, this was the last time he brought me an xbox. lol. well today he shows up and stated his jtag was dying, it has lines through the picture and throws random errors occasionally. (i think its a dead HANA) He said I got it in the truck if you dont mind looking at it, oh and by the way, I have another xbox from my cousin, he and his wife got in a fight and she picked it up and threw it at him. It smashed the case OPEN, crushed the back right corner of the top of the case and destroyed the right vent cover. He then assumed it for dead, chuncked it in the closet and left it for like two years. I said ok, no problem, let me have them both and ill take a look at them to see if anything is salvageable.

I plug in his jtag and it throws E79, reset, it throws two lights #2 &#3?, reset again and it boots, has vertical lines in the picture so yea, its junk. I plug in this smash xbox, press power and it boots instantly. I look away to laugh with the wife, and then the tv just starts playing american outlaws about half way through the movie... I thought the wife changed the channel. lol. Nope, this xbox resumed play in the same place from years after being smashed to bits.Check the kernel and its is like 4548.... lol talk about dumb luck.

Oh yea, this guy also brought me a ylod ps3 last week, which I failed miserably at repairing, today he also had with him another ps3 that turns on and functions, but wont play any games. Supposedly it takes the disk and ejects fine, but wont read it.

Why cant I be so lucky?

TLDR: dude pulls xboxes and ps3's out of his a**. The xbox took a beating. ps3's break too.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 05:08:19 PM by Modded Matt »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Re: Resiliency
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 06:16:47 PM »
 I would say the gpu is going on the one with lines in it,  i think if you possible can get it replaced it will work properly..

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal