Author Topic: Xbox Controller Programming HELP  (Read 4975 times)

Offline SixtyninNaMoose

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
Xbox Controller Programming HELP
« on: August 03, 2012, 10:33:43 PM »
Hey guys,

I need some programming help, I have no idea what a pic is and certainly don't anything bout programming one. I've made an accessible xbox controller mod, I need someone can develop programming to allow controller adjustments through an lcd screen. Please let me know if you can help and/or for more info. If need be I can pay someone for the right price.

Thanks in advance,

Moose

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Xbox Controller Programming HELP
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 08:45:02 AM »
People spend years of their lives and thousands of dollars to write complex codes.  Maybe in a few years you can do this, but currently I do not believe we can help you.  Contact King Mike and 802Chives, possibly even Hazer to outsource this code for you. It will not be cheap, and chances are your controller will need to be modified to work with their code.

Post what you have done and what you need so we can try to point you in the right direction.

Offline Bigandrewgold

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 10:32:22 PM »
Hey guys,

I need some programming help, I have no idea what a pic is and certainly don't anything bout programming one. I've made an accessible xbox controller mod, I need someone can develop programming to allow controller adjustments through an lcd screen. Please let me know if you can help and/or for more info. If need be I can pay someone for the right price.

Thanks in advance,

Moose
honestly, for something with an lcd and that will be very complex, I would look at arduino.  It is a nice system and will allow you to develop code for free on boards that dont cost much.  Doing something like this on a plain pic, even using c or basic, would be insane.

Offline SixtyninNaMoose

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 10:51:19 PM »
I was actually looking into using the Andrino but I know nothing bout programming. Would be possible remove the LCD part and just program the swapping via pc connection? I'm assuming it's be easier? Is the actual button swapping coding really difficult?

Offline Bigandrewgold

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 11:22:18 PM »
I was actually looking into using the Andrino but I know nothing bout programming. Would be possible remove the LCD part and just program the swapping via pc connection? I'm assuming it's be easier? Is the actual button swapping coding really difficult?
what exactly are you trying to do

Offline SixtyninNaMoose

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 03:30:31 AM »
I want be able to swap button functions through programming. For Example I could plug the controller into my pc and assign A to B. I could use A as B and B as A. Here's an example of a pc program I just found.
Pretend that the keyboard assignments are tact switches wired to the controller. Here's a link to Pinnacle, it does everything I've wanted to do on the xbox but on pc. http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/

Offline Bigandrewgold

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 09:02:51 PM »
wanting to change buttons around through software is annoying.  You are going to have to cut the traces and connect it "through" your chip, so each button has 2 pins, one for input and one for output.  Then, by default you are going have to have your program check for each input and replicate it on the output, so it has to monitor the A button input, and when it is pressed, it has to output it so the controller can tell that A is pressed

Now all of that was just essentially replicating what the controller already does, since you are hijacking the signals.

Now to change stuff around you just have to change it so that the a input causes the b output, then also have a gui so that you can change it around.

this was a quick, and kinda poor, write up on this subject, if you have any questions, feel free to post them and ill elaborate on it

Offline SixtyninNaMoose

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 10:35:54 PM »
Ok I kinda get what your saying, I'm not sure if we are on same though. let me explain, I want to wire external momentary switches to my controller. I want say an 16 pin chip with 6 pins for input and 6 pins for output. the output pins are wired to abxy & up, down,left,right on the controller. I want 6 momentary switches wired to the 6 input pins. I want swap individual output pins with individual input pins. I will not be using the controller to play, I will only using momentary switches. In my case 4 4directional momentary switches. Hope that explains it a bit better. Here's a drawing of what i'm saying.

Offline Bigandrewgold

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 06:42:12 PM »
Ok I kinda get what your saying, I'm not sure if we are on same though. let me explain, I want to wire external momentary switches to my controller. I want say an 16 pin chip with 6 pins for input and 6 pins for output. the output pins are wired to abxy & up, down,left,right on the controller. I want 6 momentary switches wired to the 6 input pins. I want swap individual output pins with individual input pins. I will not be using the controller to play, I will only using momentary switches. In my case 4 4directional momentary switches. Hope that explains it a bit better. Here's a drawing of what i'm saying.

and you also want the ability to change which input pin goes to what button?

Offline SixtyninNaMoose

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 10:03:51 PM »
Yes, exactly. Does that sound doable?

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 10:56:18 PM »
here let me help you make it easy http://cronusdevice.com/ let you swap any button swap trigger Anologs what ever you like

and if that don't work we have 18F pic that grabs all face button from ABXY RB LB LC RC U D L R

and let you copy it to any of the 2 or 4 tact Switch on the back

Offline SixtyninNaMoose

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 12:40:34 PM »
oh crap thats coming out already, been waiting, this thang is sick. thanks for the link! :tup: Problem solved, just ordered 1.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 01:09:16 PM by SixtyninNaMoose »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal