Author Topic: ps3 help  (Read 1726 times)

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
ps3 help
« on: August 18, 2012, 08:08:16 AM »
ok guys been awhile since i did any work on consoles etc crap load of fam problems at the moment

i ended up getting a ps3 phatty but it had a ylod no biggie i only paid 20 bucks for it
so i opened this sucker up and to my surprise the blu ray drive connector the little brown part that keeps the ribbon in place on the motherboard itself
was hot glued down i removed the glue using a blow dryer
did a simple reflow and reglued the brown part on  and once booted it had 3,55 ofw on it....i know  sweet right...
but since then the thing is giving me a ylod again kinda understandable since i used cheap thermal paste
or maybe its because i used hot glue to keep the ribbon back on like the previous person did?
well one whats the best thing i can do to try and fix the connector?
or what about using kapton tape to hold the ribbon and connector into place since that tape can withstand a good amount of heat i mean the blu ray drive worked perfect
what other things i can i do to keep this sucker cool or any other trick i can do to semi keep it from ylod again?

Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

Offline wetfusion

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +6/-5
Re: ps3 help
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 08:34:11 AM »
reball

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 08:37:43 AM »
thanks wetfusion know thats an option i dont have the machine to reball it plus not to many people locally that can do it
what about the connector? any ideas?
Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 06:35:15 AM »
thanks wetfusion know thats an option i dont have the machine to reball it plus not to many people locally that can do it
what about the connector? any ideas?
thought RDC had made a hex code for the 12volt fan mod for these rather then just hard wiring making it 12volts all the time.

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,41383.0.html

its been a while since i read it so not really sure how it works or if he has any issues with it. make sure you use the AS5 and make sure you bend the clamps really good to put more pressure on the heat syncs to keep the GPU and CPU to draw the heat to the heat sync.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal