Author Topic: Emergency Jtag Help Please  (Read 6420 times)

Offline tmoney153

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Emergency Jtag Help Please
« on: November 27, 2012, 09:54:29 AM »
I don't know what the hell happened but I was just playing Black Ops 2 & then all of a sudden the jtag just shut off. It didn't just shut off like when you get a RROD. As I got closer to the xbox it smelled like something was burning & it was coming from the Jtag. I've had this jtag for over 2 years now & this has NEVER happened to me before. So I opened it up & it was smoking. The power inducer directly behind the power pcb was black & I looked underneath the mobo & it was burned thru. Can someone show me how to add pics?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 09:58:55 AM by tmoney153 »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Re: Emergency Jtag Help Please
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 10:10:00 AM »
UPload to tinypics or photobucket  when you add the link [IMG ] pic here [ / IMG]no spaces

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline tmoney153

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 03:21:41 PM »
Thanks Rodent.

&

The 2nd pic is directly under the power inducer. I've had & fixed multiple xbox's but I have NEVER seen this happen.
Is it possible to desolder a power inducer from another system & then solder it onto this system? Or is this Jtag completely F'd?
I have some backup jtags but I would like to try & salvage this one if at all possible. If this jtag is completely done is there a way that I can put my hard drive with my games, profile etc.. in another jtagged system? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 03:41:43 PM »
Thanks Rodent.

The 2nd pic is directly under the power inducer. I've had & fixed multiple xbox's but I have NEVER seen this happen.
Is it possible to desolder a power inducer from another system & then solder it onto this system? Or is this Jtag completely F'd?
I have some backup jtags but I would like to try & salvage this one if at all possible. If this jtag is completely done is there a way that I can put my hard drive with my games, profile etc.. in another jtagged system? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

you have nothing to loose trying to replace this... also yes your hard drive will work on another xbox jag or rgh console   ( Personally If IT was me I take on the challenge and try to replace it)   Yet you have to find out why it did this also or could happen again.

Also I would change the way you have the screws in the mother board.. that could of caused the issue... you need to do them the right way and bolt them thru the cage. we have a tutorial on this site for the proper way to do them
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 03:44:54 PM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline tmoney153

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 04:31:14 PM »
you have nothing to loose trying to replace this... also yes your hard drive will work on another xbox jag or rgh console   ( Personally If IT was me I take on the challenge and try to replace it)   Yet you have to find out why it did this also or could happen again.

Also I would change the way you have the screws in the mother board.. that could of caused the issue... you need to do them the right way and bolt them thru the cage. we have a tutorial on this site for the proper way to do them
That's good to know that I won't lose my games, profile etc...
I'm definitely up for the challenge & I want to find out why this happened. Do you have an idea how can I go about figuring this out? I didn't put the screws in, the jtag was sold to me like this

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 05:15:38 PM »
That's good to know that I won't lose my games, profile etc...
I'm definitely up for the challenge & I want to find out why this happened. Do you have an idea how can I go about figuring this out? I didn't put the screws in, the jtag was sold to me like this
I would look the board over really good,  and make sure nothing is touching,   its odd that it just happened like it did.  and i just take another one off a xenon motherboard or what ever the type of motherboard it is, i am really not sure what they do or what it is for .. Not a electronics tech...lol   maybe Hazer or someone could help with this also. he knows alot  or RDC OR FOOKz   if you need another jtag or rgh let me know  i make them all the time lately .

Rodent consoles mods

Offline snowcolt17

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
  • If all else fails, reflow it
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 09:54:22 PM »
is strange that it just happened. but weird stuff happens

what mods did you have down to the mobo itself. i see a wire, looks like its running to the rf module for the jtag wiring, yes?

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 10:19:56 PM »
in your first picture, it look like the cap in the top right corner is blown as well.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 06:33:25 AM »
in your first picture, it look like the cap in the top right corner is blown as well.
Good eye... i  looked at these pics for over a couple of hours, and noticed it might of been burnt from the power inducer  its strange that it just caught on fire like it did. 

Try and replace it when you get it done look it over really good an when you go to power it back up.. watch that and listen to what the console is doing pay close attention to what is going on  might acctually see what caused this . look for blown caps. blown mosfet    let us know the results.

Rodent consoles mods

Offline tmoney153

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 12:16:22 PM »
Good eye... i  looked at these pics for over a couple of hours, and noticed it might of been burnt from the power inducer  its strange that it just caught on fire like it did. 

Try and replace it when you get it done look it over really good an when you go to power it back up.. watch that and listen to what the console is doing pay close attention to what is going on  might acctually see what caused this . look for blown caps. blown mosfet    let us know the results.
What cap are ya'll refering to? I'll definitely try to replace it, when I come across a dead motherboard in the future. Also Rodent I'm just about ready to try to do my 1st RGH but I was thrown off because I've read that there is a RGH 1.1 & a RGH 2.0, what is the difference between the two?
is strange that it just happened. but weird stuff happens

what mods did you have down to the mobo itself. i see a wire, looks like its running to the rf module for the jtag wiring, yes?
I was sold this jtag as is, I didn't do any mods myself. The wire is the jtag wiring but it's not connected to the rf module, it's connected underneath the mobo
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 01:22:20 PM by tmoney153 »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 01:34:20 PM »
What cap are ya'll refering to? I'll definitely try to replace it, when I come across a dead motherboard in the future. Also Rodent I'm just about ready to try to do my 1st RGH but I was thrown off because I've read that there is a RGH 1.1 & a RGH 2.0, what is the difference between the two?I was sold this jtag as is, I didn't do any mods myself. The wire is the jtag wiring but it's not connected to the rf module, it's connected underneath the mobo
RGH1 is on 14699 to 13599 dashboard  if you have a console below this make sure you update it to 13599 it iwll make life alot easier to RGH the console. also for RGH 2.0 is dashboards 14717 to 14719 anything above that at this time can not be RGHed and the  cap we are talking about is the one next to the power inducer

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 01:37:20 PM »
all the capacitors look fine to me....

Offline snowcolt17

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
  • If all else fails, reflow it
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 02:12:40 PM »
all the capacitors look fine to me....

i agree. the one looks melted from where the inductor got hot. but its not leaking. the mosfet under the inductor looks a little brown under it but nothing different, no burn marks

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 02:15:01 PM »
i agree. the one looks melted from where the inductor got hot. but its not leaking. the mosfet under the inductor looks a little brown under it but nothing different, no burn marks

Just check the top of it to make sure before you go futher :D

Rodent consoles mods

Offline tmoney153

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 02:17:25 PM »
RGH1 is on 14699 to 13599 dashboard  if you have a console below this make sure you update it to 13599 it iwll make life alot easier to RGH the console. also for RGH 2.0 is dashboards 14717 to 14719 anything above that at this time can not be RGHed and the  cap we are talking about is the one next to the power inducer
I have an xbox that is like 1 or 2 updates from being jtaggable. So it's best to update it to 13599 & do RGH 1.1 & not update to 14719 & do RGH 2.0, why I don't get it. Is 1.1 more stable than 2.0? If I go with 1.1 & upgrade to 13599 can I upgrade the dashboard to the latest dash in j-runner like how I would do with a jtag?

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 02:33:56 PM »
I have an xbox that is like 1 or 2 updates from being jtaggable. So it's best to update it to 13599 & do RGH 1.1 & not update to 14719 & do RGH 2.0, why I don't get it. Is 1.1 more stable than 2.0? If I go with 1.1 & upgrade to 13599 can I upgrade the dashboard to the latest dash in j-runner like how I would do with a jtag?
RGH1 is alot more stable then rgh 2   yes you can update now to the lastest dash 16202 on j-runner :)  trust me rgh1 is way better make sure you have the dvd drive in the console when you update to 13599 will make it alot easier if you dont have the dvd drive at all then just update it , will be easier to add the drive later also.

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 03:46:21 PM »
you say its almost jtaggable

what does this mean? If it is jtaggable, dont update, Jtag

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 03:48:08 PM »
you say its almost jtaggable
what does this mean? If it is jtaggable, dont update, Jtag
He was trying to say the dash is on 8955 or 9199  1 or 2 dashboards above being jtaggable .

Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal