Author Topic: stupid question  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
stupid question
« on: December 12, 2012, 12:50:07 PM »
Ok, so I dont own a ps3 anymore and only worked on one ps3 controller. I know the buttons are wired in series so its a bit different than the 360.

I am disabling the right stick click, and relocating it to a tact on the bottom of the controller. I did this by simply removing the plastic nub that presses the stock tact switch under the right stick. This keeps the button in series so the Viking chip still functions as normal.

My question is, should I wire all 4 points to my new switch or just the standard two legs like normal? will the controller freak out if it only sees half the switch closing?

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
Re: stupid question
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 04:47:16 PM »
I dont know this as fact, but it shouldn't matter, because it's just closing the single connection. They have the 4 legs just for some versatility.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 06:14:56 PM »
2 points is fine. The traces are connected together on the 4 points and are only redundant.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 07:29:40 PM »
thats what I figured. Just wanted to check before I finished it being as how I will have to take it somewhere to test it.

Good to see you hazer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal