Author Topic: help with getting started writing codes for 12f683  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Fareham dave

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • To Punish and Enslave
help with getting started writing codes for 12f683
« on: December 23, 2012, 08:34:29 PM »
ok so it has been quite a while since there was any active coders on here as they have all been put off by people selling there codes on ebay. I wanna give something back to the acidmods community now so i am looking into learning to write code. If anybody could point me in the direction of some good software to start with and a good guide that is easy to follow then i will do my best to get some new stuff out there for everybody. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Offline Divebomber

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: help with getting started writing codes for 12f683
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 01:59:08 AM »
Have to say that I am in the same boat at getting one foot on the ladder learning PIC coding. I'm not looking at selling on ebay but make my own custom controllers. But trying to find a decent site that has coders that are helpful seem few and far between.

Maybe I am using the wrong search queries.

All the same,  I just want to learn again as I haven't been able to do much since the 90's (due to an accident). I have electronics and programming in my past but I have forgotten most of it.

Oh and I am partially colour blind and the verification thingy is a real pain to read. Have to use the audio and it takes ages to arrive.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 01:59:45 AM by Divebomber »

Offline Tenac

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Pothead
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 02:57:45 AM »
Assembly is weird, I like my C++ and Java  :victory:

But I may very soon go deeper into understanding the logic and syntax for using processor instructions.

There is a lot of sample code on the internet to browse, along with tutorials and explanations.  It's a bit too much for me to want to all comprehend atm, I'm perfectly content using other people's code if it does the job.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 02:58:27 AM by Tenac »

Offline zbblanton

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +5/-0
    • My modding site
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 11:44:29 PM »
A good place to get started is here:
http://www.newbiehack.com/MicrocontrollerIntroductionABeginnersGuidetotheAtmelAVRAtmega32.aspx

I learned a lot from that site even though I'm a pure PIC programmer.

AVR is very similar. I would have to say easier then PIC to get started. Something even easier is Arduino. Once you learn the basics then move on to PIC.

But of course if you want to dive right in something like this may help:
http://www.gooligum.com.au/tutorials.html

Anything else, just let me know.

Offline Fareham dave

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • To Punish and Enslave
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 08:01:51 PM »
thanks for all the helpful info, i am currently working on adding exra modes to crazy modders 6 mode. i am attempting to add 1 extra mode for now just to see how it goes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal