Author Topic: IN NEED OF some stuff for a project/Car light project  (Read 8558 times)

Offline Frosty

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +2/-6
  • Acidmods User
IN NEED OF some stuff for a project/Car light project
« on: June 20, 2012, 05:40:46 PM »
I am in need of 12v car plugs(no phone charges)
will pay

More to come!!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 11:24:04 AM by Frosty »

Offline Frosty

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +2/-6
  • Acidmods User
Re: IN NEED OF some stuff for a project/Car light project
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 04:25:37 PM »
so im guessing no one has any plugs?

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 05:29:05 AM »
you can buy them from electronics stores very cheap

Offline snowcolt17

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
  • If all else fails, reflow it
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 05:17:02 PM »
yup ^. does your car have a 12v outlet?

Offline Frosty

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +2/-6
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 05:42:46 PM »
yup ^. does your car have a 12v outlet?
yeah it does.
does radio shack sell them.
and i was mostly asking because i like to have the wires that are with the plug.

and any body know something speakers/subs

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 06:20:41 PM »
can draw 12volts from the cigarette lighter  , depends on how much your trying to power...  other then that . probably need to draw right from the battery . if your installing amps and speakers better check in to a high output alternator. to run what ever your powering ... and to keep the battery charged also you want to make sure that you DO NOT have constant power on all the time.. or will drain the battery dead.. so  make sure it turns off with the key or on off switch..
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 06:23:20 PM by Rodent »

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline Kool1zero

• Code Monkey
  • Registered BST
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +5/-0
  • Computer, Electrical, and Network Engineering Stud
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 08:43:37 PM »
I know a fair big about speakers/ subs/ amps / etc... also i would suggest best buy for the parts. we have the socket that you can plug a jack into or a jack that you could plug into a socket with bare wires/ various DC connectors on the other end. I sell this stuff all this time, so what questions do you have?
Stolen from f00kz

Offline Frosty

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +2/-6
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 02:44:16 PM »
I know a fair big about speakers/ subs/ amps / etc... also i would suggest best buy for the parts. we have the socket that you can plug a jack into or a jack that you could plug into a socket with bare wires/ various DC connectors on the other end. I sell this stuff all this time, so what questions do you have?
well right now i am running some 12v lights out of the 12v socket.Which is plenty to power what i have.
But now as for the subs,speakers,amps,sidedoor speakers.I wanna get 12in kickers
Is there any big difference between the square subs and round.
Im looking at  running 2 compvr 12 in kickers.
im on 500 dollar buget or as close as i can get.I really just want a good set of stuff
Specs-
Impedance (OHMS) 2 or 4 DVC
Max Rec Amplifier Power (WATTS PEAK/RMS)* 800/400
Sensitivity (dB 1w/1m) 86.9
Frequency Response (Hz) 25-500

Now having that said i am not too sure what else im needing in a amp. I know some have overheating problems.And i want to avoid that as much as i can.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 08:21:30 PM »
here you go Frosty 6V Battery

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 09:30:29 AM »
well right now i am running some 12v lights out of the 12v socket.Which is plenty to power what i have.
But now as for the subs,speakers,amps,sidedoor speakers.I wanna get 12in kickers
Ok

Is there any big difference between the square subs and round.
No

Im looking at  running 2 compvr 12 in kickers.
im on 500 dollar buget or as close as i can get.I really just want a good set of stuff

Specs-
Impedance (OHMS) 2 or 4 DVC
Max Rec Amplifier Power (WATTS PEAK/RMS)* 800/400
Sensitivity (dB 1w/1m) 86.9
Frequency Response (Hz) 25-500
Nice. 400W RMS isn't high enough to worry about "alternator buzz" unless you floor the gas pedal hahaha. Any 12v car battery can help stop it.

Now having that said i am not too sure what else im needing in a amp. I know some have overheating problems.And i want to avoid that as much as i can.
Keep that amp in a ventilated area... not under ur car seat lol

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline Frosty

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +2/-6
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 01:02:29 PM »
now what am i looking for in an amp.Like watt wise.How much will it take to power them.

And well i just had to spend 60 on a new starter.

honda accord
But so far i got
-lights=$10
-AEM short ram air intake=$125
-Blitz 1000cc fuel injector=$185
-Venom performance chip=$385(Controllering air to gas mixture,along with other sensors)
-Apex boost controller=$400
-Air to gas ratio gauge=$25
-Boost gauge=$25
-Nitrous kit/10lb bottle=$625
-Turbo kit=$2,000
-Low profile tires=FREE
=4000 so far
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:20:18 PM by Frosty »

Offline Kool1zero

• Code Monkey
  • Registered BST
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +5/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 10:09:52 PM »
alright, so it didnt notify me for some reason. I do know that a compVr12 is a two ohm dual voice coil. that means you're going to have 2 and two (usually in parallel) making 1 ohm for the one subwoofer. one ohm is a little low for most of the normal grade of amps. so you'd want to do a second one in series with it.

As fookz said you shouldnt hear any alternator buzz. Any that there is should be taken care of by the amp anyway. My personal choice is something like this.http://bit.ly/OeJSES in a simple box like this http://bit.ly/OeK7Qc with http://bit.ly/OeKfiX

that leaves plenty of room for a good sound from that sub and room to expand with better front and rear speakers later (i like polk audio and alpine)  So far that is pretty much my favorite set up, with http://bit.ly/OeHZIg in the front and http://bit.ly/OeI3b7 in the back... but thats a little over your price range i know. would sound awesome though.
Just to summarize my above set up: Its an alpine type s sub capable of 500 w RMS, with polk audio component 6.5" speakers with crossovers capable of 125 W RMS, polk audio 6x9s capable of 125W RMS for the rear, all tied into a single 5 channel amp that can push 90W x 4 into the front and rear speakers and 350 w RMS into the sub and take it like a pro being a nice Class D amplifier

Also in my experience square subs tend to not last as long, but if someone actually properly takes care of one and uses proper volume levels, im sure they could.
Stolen from f00kz

Offline Frosty

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +2/-6
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 04:14:19 PM »
alright, so it didnt notify me for some reason. I do know that a compVr12 is a two ohm dual voice coil. that means you're going to have 2 and two (usually in parallel) making 1 ohm for the one subwoofer. one ohm is a little low for most of the normal grade of amps. so you'd want to do a second one in series with it.

As fookz said you shouldnt hear any alternator buzz. Any that there is should be taken care of by the amp anyway. My personal choice is something like this.http://bit.ly/OeJSES in a simple box like this http://bit.ly/OeK7Qc with http://bit.ly/OeKfiX

that leaves plenty of room for a good sound from that sub and room to expand with better front and rear speakers later (i like polk audio and alpine)  So far that is pretty much my favorite set up, with http://bit.ly/OeHZIg in the front and http://bit.ly/OeI3b7 in the back... but thats a little over your price range i know. would sound awesome though.
Just to summarize my above set up: Its an alpine type s sub capable of 500 w RMS, with polk audio component 6.5" speakers with crossovers capable of 125 W RMS, polk audio 6x9s capable of 125W RMS for the rear, all tied into a single 5 channel amp that can push 90W x 4 into the front and rear speakers and 350 w RMS into the sub and take it like a pro being a nice Class D amplifier

Also in my experience square subs tend to not last as long, but if someone actually properly takes care of one and uses proper volume levels, im sure they could.
so along my price range whats a good set up.

Offline Kool1zero

• Code Monkey
  • Registered BST
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +5/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 05:20:33 AM »
Well if you're planning on running two comp vr 12 kickers (which are really nice) that usually means you're thinking about two of these here. They run around 150 each. for like 410 you could have those and a kicker enclosure (this). That set up would be 800w RMS at four ohms and that is both subs and the box. now if you look at comp 10s (similar) it would be something like this to get two tens and a kicker box. this wold be 600w RMS at 4 ohms.

from there, find a subwoofer that can push those RMS wattages in single channel and you'll have a sub set up.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 05:21:55 AM by Kool1zero »
Stolen from f00kz

Offline Frosty

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +2/-6
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 11:14:30 AM »
I like the 10in kickers. Now like the amp. Any good brands.

Offline Kool1zero

• Code Monkey
  • Registered BST
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +5/-0
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 11:20:45 AM »
Alpine, polk audio, kicker, rockford fosgate. They all make good stufff

sent from my Droid Incredible
Stolen from f00kz

Offline Icyhaze

• Dirty Dev
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User Personal Modder
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 10:06:00 PM »
I am a car audio/video/security installer and i have been doing this for YEARS. Some of the links on this page are broken, so i cant really see some of the stuff, but i can help you out with any questions you may have, i know you can get 2 kicker comp 10s form walmart for about 80 bucks each and the 12s for about 90 each, they are 4 ohm single voice coils, 2 of those in parallel will be a 2 ohm load, they alos sell the kicker 250.1 which is 250 watts RMS @ 2 ohms. They would be perfect, as for the box you could get a prefab from a local audio store, or offline.

A great site i get alot of stuff from would be sonicelectronix.com they are reliable and have great customer service, they even have package deals, i know this post is old but if you still havent really chose anything you can PM me anytime, that goes for ANYONE with audio/video/security questions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal