Author Topic: Ps3 Troubleshooting  (Read 2462 times)

Offline madmike1488

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
Ps3 Troubleshooting
« on: March 03, 2013, 11:19:27 AM »
Ok, I'm needing some help here. I was doing an LED/Sound mod on a PS3 slim. Once I got done and had it mostly put back together I noticed it wasn't fully working how it should. Just like my last mod, I made a base for the ps3 to sit on and all my electical mods were placed in that. So,once I seen that it wasn't doing what I wanted, I unhooked it from the wall cables and started double checking everything. On this mod, I just tapped into the 12v fan power. While inspecting my work, like a dip$h!t, I used my 12v AA supply and I'm guessing I reversed the current in doing so. Now when I plug in the ps3, the standby light is really dim and when I turn it on, it slowly lights up, fades back to dim and after about 30 seconds, it'll beep three times and flashes red. I've already swaped the power supply and got the same results. So I'm asking the pros in here what else it could be or am I just wasting my time with it? Any help would awesome, thanks for reading.

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
Re: Ps3 Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 11:59:51 AM »
can you please post pics or video of any work you did either to the mobo or where you tapped in to grab power and the model
cech2501 etc etc
i woulde gone after the PS also since it sounds like thats where it took the damage but you said you tried a diff ps correct?
and yes the red light is indicating a hardware failure

Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

Offline madmike1488

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 02:17:23 PM »
It's a CECH-2OO1A, It's an older slim model. I didn't do anything to the MB, I didn't even have to take it out of the bottom half of the case. All my LEDs were hot glued to the lid. When tapping into the fan power supply, I just cut the wires and soldered in new sections with my own junctions. That's why I'm thinking I possibly reversed the current and damaged the MB. As far as the red flashing light goes, that's what I'm fearing it is, hardware failure due to me getting in a hurry.

Oh, and yes, I have already changed out the PS and got the same results.

please dont double post
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:58:56 PM by 3D0 »

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 05:06:16 PM »
think you might have damaged some of the components when you applied those 12v
and yes that was a bad move on your part for using an external power source
and you sure the PS is functioning properly? i still think you might have zapped the PS when you applied those ext 12v

Offline madmike1488

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 05:31:03 PM »
See, that's just it though, I was thinking the PS was zapped until I swapped it out with one I knew was good. I think I'm just S.O.L. :cry2: Thanks for your time man. If you can think of anything else let me know.

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 08:02:39 PM »
so you get the same results with both power supplys?

Offline madmike1488

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 04:03:24 AM »
Yup. Same results. That's why I'm thinking it's just a hard lesson learned on how NOT to get in a hurry. I could've swore I had it all unhooked. That's why I brought out my external 12v PS.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:07:51 AM by madmike1488 »

Offline nithiiyan

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 12:20:46 PM »
hey you might want to check ur processors and the gpu and the cpu, if you see nothing wrong try to use a heat gun to melt and reattach the solder connecting the cpu and gpu. (might work only one way to find out!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal