Acidmods Gaming Area > PC Games

PC rig ideas.

(1/8) > >>

robin1989:
Hey all. Thinking of making me a gaming rig or at least something to run the minecraft server off with a touch more power.

Here's my initial thoughts. Haven't shopped price. And gfx card may either need downgraded or wait a bit longer to afford it.

Would love some input as been out of pc game for 6 years at least. I'm a Mac guy at heart and always will be. This is just a toy purely for gaming every so often.

ViSioNXx:
Drop the freezer pro and grab a Gaia or a hyper 212. Also no need for that much ram, so drop the ram down to 16 and grab a bigger ssd. I would say a vertex 3 or force gt as the controller chips are better.

The End of A Heartache:
Agree with Vision drop the RAM to 16gb Don't need all that unless your running CAD programs. I would go with the vextex SSD read and write is a good speed, but size honestly doesn't matter as long as its over 60Gb. If you do run games it won't make much of a difference in loading speed if you install games and run it off the SSD. The 1tb WD is a good idea for storage and Game install.

CPU cooling I would say to go water cool if you can spare the pounds. I went with a Corsair H100 water cool for my AMD processor very cool running I dropped Enermax batwing 120mm and two 400mm fan for the nice pull direction. Everything runs silent hardly any noise. Temperature wise over clocked to 4.2Ghz somewhere around 31 degree Celsius to 44 degree celsius on normal load increase to 30 degree under gaming.

What case you might install all this into and are you going to drop in lights???

ViSioNXx:
After looking again the ssd you have is fine. I thought it was an intel but the M4 are very nice ssd's. You could drop the ram to 16 and drop the raptor for a 1 tb wd red drive and bump the vid card up to a titan. Seems like you are going all in so why not get the best? As far as water goes it is nice but a good hyper 212 eve with some sythe slip streams or noctua would do just as good as the h100. Case is going to be a big choice with all that hardware but I am nmmore concearned with your power supply choice. I would go with a good seasonic or corsair. Something above the 800 mark would do. Nice build though. Got me all jelly :)

GhoSt:
Agree with vision, get a hyper 212 evo, still the best value for money cooler. No need for watercooling, unless you are going for huge overclocks
As for the m4 I wouldn't swap it for another, great ssd very very reliable. However it is aging technology now, so you could consider replacing it with something newer if you want pure speed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version