Author Topic: PS3 Controllers  (Read 36238 times)

Offline Duzzer

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
PS3 Controllers
« on: May 30, 2013, 06:10:23 PM »
I was fed up having to charge the controllers with PS3 left on so last night I was trying to use some adapters to make a mains charger, I used a charge dock for 2 controllers that has a USB connection and a round connection that fits in dock,I found a charger that fitted it and plugged it in, the blue led light came on so thought happy days and sat my 2 PS3 controllers into it, no red charging lights came on but about 10 secs later I could smell burning so pulled the plug but too late they both won't work now, I have another working one and my process of elimination I know I've fried the motherboards. Question is can you get replacement parts or repair them or should I just buy new ones. I like a challenge hence why I came here for help as you guys know your stuff.

Ps I've stripped them right down and put them back together no worries. All battery packs work in the good one
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:15:03 PM by Rodent »

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
Re: PS3 Controllers
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 06:30:46 PM »
yeah you def fried something
what boards are u using ?

are they fixable yes and no

yes if u have the time,funds, and equipment  its doable if you wanna learn the better
but i must warn you its not easy messing with smd parts as you will need a hot air machine etc unless your solder skills are up there

and no sometimes the parts time and effort arent worth it as it sometimes is cheaper just to buy new controllers
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:35:16 PM by 3D0kassiah »
Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

Offline Duzzer

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: PS3 Controllers
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 02:39:16 AM »
I am a gas engineer that fixes central heating boilers, I can component test with a multimeter. My soldering skills are mainly on copper pipework done the odd dry joint on a pcb. Thanks for replying.
Just ordered soldering kit off ebay, mines a bit too bulky for them motherboards. The 2 boards, one is the original six axis without rumble and seperate blutooth connector got my ps3 on release day, and the other is MSU_VX3_0.11

EDIT: NO NEED TO DOUBLE POST CLICK THE MODIFY BUTTON THANK YOU

Sorry

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:30:26 AM by Duzzer »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal