Author Topic: PS3 Boot problem  (Read 1548 times)

Offline conflict1

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
PS3 Boot problem
« on: August 06, 2013, 04:14:45 PM »
I have a PS3 that I got w/o a hard drive. I'm having trouble getting this to work. Here's whats up.....I can get into the recovery menu but cannot reformat any hard drive I put in it, including one out of my current ps3. Nor can I get it to boot from a flashdrive. It is a backwards comp. fat with OFW 2.60. I know this bc that what it asks for when trying to do the usb boot. Not sure if this matters but the laser in it is bad. Ive already bought a new power supply (old was bad) and hard drive and hate to buy a laser if I will still encounter this problem. Not sure what else to mention except the drive will not spin even with a disk in and if I turn it on w/o going into the revovery menu, it will turn itself off without ever displaying anything. LED goes from green to red and shuts off....never do a get a yellow. Im at a loss and hope its something simple I am overlooking. Thanks for taking time to look at this.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Re: PS3 Boot problem
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 01:10:20 AM »
Its been a while since i have messed with a PS3.   3D0kassiah does more of these or 1TONpete also you could contact and see if they can help.  If I get some time this weekend I can try to help you find out more on how to format the hdd. 

Suprised  3D0kassiah hasnt replied yet. usually he is on top of this stuff.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline conflict1

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: PS3 Boot problem
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 01:05:57 PM »
Many thanks, like I said im at a loss and not sure which direction to try. Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal