AcidMods Resources ----- ( These are helpful tools for modding ) > Pic Programmers and Programs

Help to choose a USB Pic Programmer

<< < (2/5) > >>

RDC:
It depends on the PIC you're wanting to work with, or what you plan to work with.

The PICkit2 is great, but it will not program some of the larger or newer PICs. The PICkit3 will do what the PK2 does plus the newer ones, but it's more of a hassle to deal with, and really irritating to use, especially if you were accustomed to how the PK2 worked, but it still has it's charm in that it will work on the newer PICs.

If all you plan to do is 12F683, 16F690 and the like, the PK2 is the way to go, but if you'll be getting into some of the bigger PICs then you'll want a PK3.

rafaliyo86:
Yes I am going to use PIC12F683 basically. So I just have to order the pickit of the link?

RDC:
Yes.

Then either download MPLab to use for full coding, compiling and flashing, or probably better for you there, get the smaller standalone PICkit 2 v2.61 Programmer app for flashing your hex files with the PK2.

SethMods:

--- Quote from: RDC on November 21, 2013, 03:00:52 PM --- The PICkit3...it's more of a hassle to deal with, and really irritating to use, especially if you were accustomed to how the PK2 worked...

--- End quote ---

PREACH!!!

RDC, how soon after midnight before we get some high resolution pics of the XBox One controller?

;-)

RDC:
Not to thread jack, but there's already plenty of pics of that thing floating around. I currently have my attention focused on the guts of it and making a schematic. So far the MCU board has been scanned top and bottom, though I'm not entirely happy with them, scanner is getting a little long in the tooth here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version