Author Topic: best place to buy benq VAD6038 replacement drives  (Read 3742 times)

Offline Brennidon

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
best place to buy benq VAD6038 replacement drives
« on: May 12, 2014, 08:09:49 AM »
So xconsoles has been sold out of benq VAD6038 drives. I tried a ebay drive(even though i was worried about them not working) and it turns out it didnt work. I never had any problems with the xconsoles drives but since they are still sold out does anyone have a trusted place where they get their drives from? I tried replacing the laser myself(with a multi meter) and never had any luck with it.

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: best place to buy benq VAD6038 replacement drives
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 10:00:06 AM »
how did you replace a new laser with a multi meter????? there are a few ebay sellers that sells good working units. you just have to flash your keys on to it. i've never had an issue with a xbox dvd drive purchased from ebay. and yeah that is my trusted place for it.

Offline Brennidon

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 10:06:25 AM »
noo i used the multi meter to check the pots to make sure i had em in the right spot..i didnt actually use it to swap em lol. do you have a certain seller you go through on ebay? the drive that i got wont read the xbox games but it reads movies no problem.  does it matter if i dont flash the keys? ive always just swapped the boards from the old drive in the xbox to the new drive that way i dont have to flash.

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 10:10:45 AM »
you shouldn't have to check the pot if its a new laser and if it is a new laser then check for the anti-static solder point. almost all ebay users remove these now but there are a few that leave them on there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Phillips-Benq-DVD-ROM-Drive-Xbox-360-VAD6038-FW-64930C-Lite-On-Compatible-/150899986090?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2322570eaa

i usually buy from them and dont have problems, if i do, they are some nice people that will work to get the issues solved.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline Brennidon

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 10:19:37 AM »
you shouldn't have to check the pot if its a new laser and if it is a new laser then check for the anti-static solder point. almost all ebay users remove these now but there are a few that leave them on there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Phillips-Benq-DVD-ROM-Drive-Xbox-360-VAD6038-FW-64930C-Lite-On-Compatible-/150899986090?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2322570eaa

i usually buy from them and dont have problems, if i do, they are some nice people that will work to get the issues solved.

yeah the few I tried to just replace the laser on I never had much luck. I removed the anti static ball from them. The 3 out of the 4 that i replaced didnt work. ive only had one work. I would remove the static ball, put the laser in and test it out if it didnt work the first few times i would check the laser out with the multi meter to see where it was set then i would tweak it a bit.

Offline Brennidon

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 10:22:24 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Philips-BenQ-VAD6038-6038-DVD-ROM-Drive-Replacement-For-Xbox-360-XBOX360-Repair-/200795247391?pt=US_CD_DVD_Blu_Ray_Drives&hash=item2ec054531f

you will need to use your motherboard from the drive or flash your key to new one

this is the exact seller that I bought the drive from. Installed the motherboard from the old drive and put the xbox together to test it out. Put in a movie to see if it played and it worked so i didnt think anymore about it. gave the xbox to my stepdaughter for her birthday and when she went to play a game on it the drive wouldnt read the xbox disk. i tried a few different games but they didnt work either.

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 11:57:48 AM »
easy with the double post.

anyway if the laser is new and you swapped out the board, then it might be the board itself could be damaged. The only other reason this would happen is if the laser rails were messed with.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal