Author Topic: Controller shuts off when it vibrates?  (Read 1636 times)

Offline gl0zz3n

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
Controller shuts off when it vibrates?
« on: February 01, 2014, 10:04:58 AM »
So my remote is all wired up, everything is working great (other than alittle drift from one of my sticks that's always been there), but when the controller starts vibrating, it shuts off.

It works perfect, running two chips at once without any vibration, but when I enable it in the game settings, anytime the controller vibrates, it shuts off. I'm stumped on this one.. as usual, lol.

- Thanks again for all the help you guys spoonfeed me with... BUT I'm learning, lol.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Controller shuts off when it vibrates?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 05:26:23 AM »
sounds like your power source is crapping the bed. try pulling one chip power from another location or look into a charge pump. also check for any shortages in the rumble motors themselves. (remove them, see if that helps)

Offline gl0zz3n

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Controller shuts off when it vibrates?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 01:35:46 PM »
Thanks Matt. White and Nerdy had showed me an alternate power source on the board I would wire to so I'm not trying to pull everything from one location. I'm about to check my rumbles for shorts because I dropped the remote on the floor (fell off my lap) and now it works with rumbles turned on for some reason. ..I'm thinking something got knocked around a bit and that something is just shorted. I also have a problem with it powering off when I click R3 (RJ) too many times.. I didn't know what was up with it as nothing was shorted on my PIC's legs (which is usually the cause to alot of my problems)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal