Console Modding------ ( Here you can talk about your favorite Consoles ) > PC

Help buying a tablet PC!!

(1/2) > >>

FOOKz™:
I'm looking to buy the best tablet PC. Money is not an issue.

I would prefer a Samsung tablet with Windows 7
Anything with an i5 Processor with 4GB of RAM [or Better!]
SSD Hard drive size is not critical
Screen size: Anything between 10" and 16" I don't care as long as it's not too big. Highest resolution screen available would be nice.

This tablet PC is for work when so I can modify schematics/floor plans/take notes. So this will have to be able to run AutoCAD 2014 with no hesitation.
Edit: AutoCAD is not usually graphics intensive, it's memory and processor intensive.

I would like your suggestions and opinions guys (:

The End of A Heartache:
Sounds like you might need to do more research

A tablet is not a laptop or PC,  a tablet is more versatile and portable but only has 3 different operating system: Android, Ios or window RM (window 8 minus desktop)

Most tablet only offer 2 to 4Gb DDR3 RAM and an atomic dual core or single core atomic processor (about 1.8Ghz to 2.2Ghz)

What you seek sounds more like a laptop but most of all window laptop are either window 8 or 8.1. Since the key is attached to the Bios you will be able to downgrade to window 7 at any time and go back to window 8 as long as you have the OS or a backup.

Most tablet screen size goes from 7in up to i believe 12in and the high resolution can be anywhere from 780x900 to 1040x960

If you want to run auto cad you won't be able to on a tablet since it is resource demanding your better off on a Laptop with 6 to 8 Gb of RAM and an i7 processor will do a lot better with quad core would cut it with parallel processing to do not only cad but media and or other things.

If "money is not an issue" i suggest you build your own PC with the power to run auto cad design. I know it is not portable but will be versatile and can easily be upgradeable.

I am running an 8core amd FX AM3+ processor with 4 core dedicated 2 core parallel (OC 4.2Ghz), 8Gb TAM DDR3 1600Mhz  I am able to not only run auto cad but video editing without lags especially with a radeon 6850 Graphic card.

FOOKz™:
Using a laptop and building a PC is not an option.

I want the portability of a tablet with the power of a high-end laptop.

So you're saying if i buy a window's 8 tablet i can downgrade to window 7 - i like that... i'll consider more devices.

GhoSt:
Have you considered a convertible? They have docking keyboards that usually contain a battery, and sometimes improved hardware when docked. There are also some really slim laptops that have touch-screens capable of closing such that they face outwards, so you can use it as a tablet. If you really want full windows (not RT), I would take a hybrid over a tablet any day of the week. Not a fan of most windows 8 tablets right now, either trash hardware or trash battery life.

I would recommended staying away from windows 7 on touch screen devices, it's not a good experience at all, although it may be daunting it's worth getting used to windows 8.

To be fair I have only tried windows 8 tablets, never owned one, I use a nexus 10 :P.

The End of A Heartache:

--- Quote from: FOOKz™ on February 23, 2014, 02:27:22 PM ---Using a laptop and building a PC is not an option.

I want the portability of a tablet with the power of a high-end laptop.

So you're saying if i buy a window's 8 tablet i can downgrade to window 7 - i like that... i'll consider more devices.

--- End quote ---

actually that option to downgrade is only for pc my friend none tablet...If you find one that does have the power of a PC let me know cause from what I do know that is very none existence in a tablet.

--- Quote from: GhoSt on February 23, 2014, 02:57:49 PM ---Have you considered a convertible? They have docking keyboards that usually contain a battery, and sometimes improved hardware when docked. There are also some really slim laptops that have touch-screens capable of closing such that they face outwards, so you can use it as a tablet. If you really want full windows (not RT), I would take a hybrid over a tablet any day of the week. Not a fan of most windows 8 tablets right now, either trash hardware or trash battery life.

I would recommended staying away from windows 7 on touch screen devices, it's not a good experience at all, although it may be daunting it's worth getting used to windows 8.

To be fair I have only tried windows 8 tablets, never owned one, I use a nexus 10 :P.

--- End quote ---

I would agree with GhoSt, look for a hybrid or ultra/slim books they that the portability you are looking for with touch screen and keyboard touchpad with multi gesture feature.

Battery life in a ultra book is amazing though most run google OS there has been know of people reinstalling the U-EFI and overwrite google OS to install window 8. Though for what you're asking to use it for... you might not be able to run cad without being very laggy, and all slims are CNC'd aluminum shell which can also get very hot or OS will freeze (due to over demanding resource and processor usage) 

You might as well wait for advance in technology before seeking something so demanding in something that does not power up and compare to the awesome power of a tower or notebook.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version