Author Topic: Downing Checking In  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Downing

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
    • Downing's Basement
Downing Checking In
« on: February 17, 2014, 09:57:32 AM »
Hey everyone, how's it goin? My name is Chris Downing, more commonly known as just "Downing" and I've been a console modder and CNC/3D Printing enthusiast for about 6 years now. Some may know me from other sites, (Old Ben Heck, Mod Retro) and I'm a mod on the Bacman forums (formally made-by-bacteria).

My background is mostly in portable retro console making, though recently I've gotten into more complex projects like multi-system controllers and WHDI. One of my most recent projects was for "The CrossPlane" which was a Kickstarter that I worked on with RDC and Hailrazier. Though it wasn't successful, it really opened my eyes and taught me a lot about 3D printing and CAD, controller hardware, wireless HDMI technology and PCB design.

Right now I'm in the process of finishing up a Cross Plane commission that I started a few months ago. New job and life events have made modding time sparse but once this Cross Plane commission is completed, I'll be getting back into my back log of projects and will start keeping up with work log posts and updates. It's nice to actually have money for the hobby again now that this 10 month unemployment stint has ended!

However, in that time I still got to do some cool things, the coolest being able to hope a plane to Irvine California for a job interview at Oculus VR! Though that didn't pan out, it was still pretty freaking amazing to be in the building and hanging out with a few friends of mine who now work there. I also got a chance to go down to Georgia and work with my friend Hailrazer on the Cross Plane at his place to get the prototype ready for Kickstarter.

So, though a lot of these endeavors were not successful, the fun I had with them was well worth it.

But in any case, I look forward to hanging out here a bit and getting to know some new people.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Downing Checking In
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 11:24:51 AM »
Welcome

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 12:56:52 PM »
Welcome

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline Downing

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
    • Downing's Basement
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 02:53:14 PM »
Thanks guys! I assume you two run the show here? Seems like a pretty cool site. Been browsing around for a while now checking things out. You've got some good stuff on here that's been useful already. :yess:

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 03:49:42 AM »
Thanks guys! I assume you two run the show here? Seems like a pretty cool site. Been browsing around for a while now checking things out. You've got some good stuff on here that's been useful already. :yess:
According to Modded Matt i don't do  poop here .... :rofl:    and I will agree there is alot of cool wonder stuff here that you can learn and alot of helpful members.  so do not be afraid to ask for help  just post on forum  and our members usually reply when they can.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 05:27:52 AM »
According to Modded Matt i don't do  poop here .... :rofl:   
riding my coat tails doesn't  count. LOL

OT: there is a lot of info available here, we dont delete or archive anything. We do have onsite secured storage and back up for site hosted projects and free codes.

let me know if you need some help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal