Author Topic: Pictures of the JDM-011 PS4 Controller/ Trying to X O mod  (Read 4084 times)

Offline JRN00498

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Pictures of the JDM-011 PS4 Controller/ Trying to X O mod
« on: January 12, 2015, 06:14:20 PM »
Hey guys, and gals,
  I have been looking long and far for a way to hack the newer circuit board designs, in order to simply remap my X and O buttons to the back. I thought, going into this project, it would be as simple as the XBOX360, and XBOX ONE mods. I was extremely wrong.

So, without further ado, I will just ask if anyone knows, based on these pictures, where I would need to solder for a ground, as well as for the X and O buttons. Feel free to download the picture if you want to go into Paint, and paint the traces. I have done that, but it looks like crap and I do not want to upload it because it is too embarrassing.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Pictures of the JDM-011 PS4 Controller/ Trying to X O mod
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 11:11:03 PM »
Based on those pics? no, and welcome to how Sony does things.

You can't solder to the flex board there unless you want to ruin it, in which case have at it. ;)

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,43542.msg324803.html#msg324803
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline JRN00498

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Pictures of the JDM-011 PS4 Controller/ Trying to X O mod
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 11:05:29 AM »
Thanks, RDC. I figured it was probably a long shot, so I just ordered one of those chips from modcentralusa. Supposed to be shipped today, and hopefully all goes well. Matt told me it was damn near impossible, but I had to tinker anyhow. Thank God, I didn't solder anything.
Quick question: would better pics help out at all? Those were half @ssed. I can't scan like You do, but I can get better pics if they help?

Do you happen to know if there are any 3rd party PS4 controllers on the market that are moddable? At $15.00, I think I got a great deal on the chip I bought, I just wish there were some generic off the shelf controllers I could hack up in a 20 minutes and have a "tournament style" controller.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 11:09:19 AM by JRN00498 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal