Author Topic: Update your PS4 or PS3 battery tutorial.  (Read 3692 times)

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Update your PS4 or PS3 battery tutorial.
« on: July 24, 2014, 08:39:35 PM »
I did some research on the PS4 battery and PS3 battery and what I found out is, PS4 operates @ 3.65 V with 1000 mAh. PS3 operates @ 3.7 V with 580 mAh.

Disregard the 3.65V on ps4 controller. Running a 3.7V battery won't do any damage to your PS4 controller. Even with 420 mAh bump up from the PS3 battery your only looking at about 10 hours of game play on PS4 before your battery dies (six hours on PS3). I'm going to show everyone solutions to get more out of PS4 & 3 controllers.

First check out this first link. http://m.ebay.com/itm/111364837725?nav=SEARCH This is a cheep PS3 battery and has 1800 mAh @ 3.7 V. Thats roughly 18 hours of strate gameplay! U can update your ps3 "and yes" ps4 battery with this cheep option. On ps4 u will have to extend the positive and negative wires leaving of course the plug in mount.

Another option is to just use a old cell phone or smart phone battery laying around. As long as it can fit in the casing of your controller and is spec @ 3.7 V u can mod it to work in your controller. Just research how many mAh it has.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/231245270244?cmd=VIDESC

This battery may work u will have to look @ the dimension size in the description box. If it will fit you would have a battery that could run 24 hours strate!

I myself found a blackberry cell battery which was 3.7 V @ 1800 mAh. Ive been playing it on and off for 6 days now and it still has full charge. Id like to add I have a PS3 ragnarok chip installed in my PS3 controller. The ragnarok chip will slowly drain the battery when the controller is off! so six days and still full charged. Pretty impressive! Here is a video to give everyone a visual demonstration of how easy this is to do. Check out the link below!

How to put a Smart Phone battery into your PS4 controller for longer play time.

I really hope this helps someone out. It impessed me with my ps3 controller. I dont think there is anything worse than running out of battery and having to use a usb dongle to finish your gameplay. Its  not like Xbox were u can just switch batteries lol. I still have doubts on how much I trust the aftermarket PS3 battery I listed in the first above link. PS3 batteries are notorious for burning out quick, though with  the updated 1800 mAh it does sound promising! I must say that the blackberry battery I put in, I feel good about it standing the test of time. Its a lithuim ion battery! Anyway I guess it comes down to personal preferance and or $$.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 10:18:40 PM by WHITE 4ND N3RDY »

Offline i7vSa7vi7y

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +4/-1
  • Acidmods User
Re: Update your PS4 or PS3 battery tutorial.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 06:11:56 AM »
Be careful when ordering batteries off Ebay especially from China. Almost always they either aren't what they claim to be like a 2000mAh will be a 500mAh or they just won't last. They will lose life after so many charges and drains. I got mine from here for $10. It's 1200mAh and will fit nicely in the PS4 controller with little modification to the plastic

https://www.atomsindustries.com/ASD1189
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:13:40 AM by i7vSa7vi7y »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal