Author Topic: Xbox one controller daughter board won’t allow power up of controller.  (Read 544 times)

Offline Nunhunter

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User

Hello,
This Xbox one controller has two issues. The left joystick when it’s in original position. On call of duty menu and In game the guy moves or cursor to the right and little to the bottom.

Second issue. I have same daughter board that When I plug in the daughter board it won’t power on.
I plug in the Xbox controller through USB and doesn’t work and has to do with the daughter board. Any help would be great.
Thank you,
Nunhunter

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Xbox one controller daughter board won’t allow power up of controller.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 02:21:30 PM »
Can't really tell anything at all from those pics.

One solder joint around the Left Stick looks iffy, and if either of them were replace then that's most likely why it's drifting.

No idea what the daughter board is. Top board is Button/Power board, bottom one is the MCU board. Any number of things on the Power board could keep it from working, cracked board, broken trace, missing component(s), fried components, bad components that look perfectly good, and on and on that can go and none of which can be found with dark grainy pics.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Nunhunter

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 09:07:54 PM »
Haha understandable. I’ll send clearer photos here soon.

Offline Nunhunter

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 09:20:04 PM »
Yeah the solder pad lifted off but connected to trace. How may traces are connected to that? And where do they lead

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 04:28:28 AM »
Only one trace connects there, it's the AN+ for that POT, same as the bottom spot of the other POT there.

The controllers are calibrated after they are made. Changing the stick will most times introduce a slow drift that you have to tweak out. https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,43981.msg334892.html#msg334892
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Nunhunter

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 08:48:59 PM »
Thanks mate. im gonna check this out forsure. just wanna learn as much as i can.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal