Author Topic: Help for JDM-050 repairing  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Worf

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Help for JDM-050 repairing
« on: September 28, 2018, 01:03:52 PM »
Hi.

I have this revision controller (JDM-050) which doesn't charge the battery. Checked the 5v line of old board and it is all fine. Tried a new microusb board  and it will go in overvoltage (tried also with 5 different pieces). If I put another pre-charged battery, controller will turn on but it won't synchronize with the ps4. Tested with another 12pin ribbon cable taken from a jds-040 controller and still same issue.

Btw can you confirm JDS-050 and JDS-055 are interchangeable? Many sellers have only the JDS-055 part  claiming compatible with the JDS-050 series.

What else should I check?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Help for JDM-050 repairing
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 06:58:47 PM »
The JDS-050 and JDS-055 boards are the same. In a pinch you can also use a JDS-040 board, it just has the connector on the opposite side is all.

Those DS4 boards aren't the greatest things to go hunting down issues on even on a good day. I haven't had enough failed ones come across the bench here either to really point in even a general direction. If the controller will not connect over USB to anything then you can spend the time tracing the USB data lines out to see if everything there is intact, or just consider the thing a parts controller. If it's not charging there could be several things to mess with there and none of them easy as most everything battery wise is controlled by a PMIC on there and the MCU controls it.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal