Author Topic: Why not to buy ebay battery packs Important!!!  (Read 667 times)

Offline AssimilatorX

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Why not to buy ebay battery packs Important!!!
« on: September 23, 2018, 02:56:02 PM »
Hello All,

I am new here. Short story from me. I dont own an XboX One S but i purchased a controller not long ago for my new Alienware 17 R4, Yes i know R5 is out. LOL  To replace my old 360 controller. Apparently i didnt know that the battery are a separate item to purchase. And i got a battery from ebay that was supposed to be genuine battery. It was not, and when i want to charge it in the controller it just burned out almost immediately. I took the battery pack apart and took some pictures. It is terrible and dangerous design,the seller said they had no issues before. Lucky for them.  No insulation inside what so ever no thermal protection and etc. Please see pics. I am in the laptop and electronics repair sector so i was not really scared to repair it myself but please dont buy cheap batteries from ebay. this cost me £12 it was supposed to be a genuine Microsoft battery. Please see pics. The pins that connects to the controllers terminals left inside sticking out so much that they can direct contact onto the battery cells OUCH and zap your controllers cpu. The pcb consist of an AD783JR High speed amplifier an SMD SOT 431 adjustable shunt and a SMD SOT Y1 transistor with a few passive components

« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 02:59:22 PM by AssimilatorX »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal