Author Topic: Need help with l2 and r2 traces ps4 knockoff remote  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Ragekillen

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Need help with l2 and r2 traces ps4 knockoff remote
« on: January 08, 2019, 02:24:33 PM »
I mapped all traces except r2 l2 and r1 the reason I cannot continue is shorting the pin with ground results in either no effect unlike the others or shutdown,  so I tested with a multimeter and it seems 1 pin is ground and the other is positive with a pressure plate under the physical button since I couldn't trip it with ground I tried a arduino to link the positive to the negative all I got (like I thought I would) was magic smoke but not a broke controller it all still works.

If anyone can give advice how to trip r2 and l2 please let me know

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Need help with l2 and r2 traces ps4 knockoff remote
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 11:30:04 AM »
I've never had one of those apart, but they are still using 19 connections between the motherboard and the FPC (button) board, so they may be doing something similar with it.

On the official controllers, they use quite a messed up scheme for the buttons.

All of the face buttons, D-pad, Share, Options, /\, [ ], O, X, the TouchPad button and Reset button, are all active Lo, aka go to ground when pressed.

L1, R1, L3 and R3 are all active Hi, aka they go to 3.2v when pressed.

Now L2 and R2 are setup in a voltage divider circuit and each have their own common connections that are a PWM signal, 2L and 2R, and it's best to use those pairs, L2 and 2L, then R2 and 2R, if you are trying to make duplicate buttons, like installing Tact switches.

However, if you are attempting to make an arcade stick with that board, or some other project where only the motherboard is being used and you are removing the FPC board, you will need to install a couple of Resistors in there as well to keep half of the voltage divider circuit intact so that L2 and R2 will still work. Those Resistors are built into the FPC board, so if you remove it and don't fudge a couple of Resistors back onto the board to mimic the FPC board being there, then they will not work. You can see them on the FPC board in your pic, the one for L2 is just to the left of of the D-pad Up button, the one for R2 is right between the [ ] and /\ buttons.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Ragekillen

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Need help with l2 and r2 traces ps4 knockoff remote
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 10:20:51 PM »
I figured it out after testing some. I crossed pin 2 and 4 I believe with a 1k resistor and that got it to fire thank you.

Also as I didnt explain my plan to much. I'm going to link a arduino mini into the mobo power and read the volt states of L1, L2, and DPAD up combo for a auto run feature while having a new button made for rapid fire.

I was wanting to make a drop shot mod as well but figured it would be to unreliable as even reading circles state and setting a int value of 1 or 0 to determine standing or crouched would mess up at some point due to microsecond loop delays in the arduino, once the circles state is messed up I would have to reboot the controller just to fix it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal