Author Topic: Xbox one elite controller won’t power up  (Read 1988 times)

Offline Adampark

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Xbox one elite controller won’t power up
« on: January 07, 2019, 10:36:40 AM »
Hi my Xbox one elite controller won’t power up unless the lead is plugged into it then it works fine. I have tried new battery’s just flashes then goes off anyone have an idea what is up with it ?
Would be much appreciated
Kind Regards
Adam

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Xbox one elite controller won’t power up
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 12:08:17 PM »
There's a bit of a list that might cause that, ranging from something simple to the MCU being bad.

See if D26 is still on the Power/Button board. If it's been knocked off or it's traces damaged that could cause it.

Make sure the pin and socket of J1/J5 (pin 11) is still good.

Check that all of these components are still on the board and their values aren't way off.

D26 - Diode
D26 - Diode
R24 - 100k
R25 - 25.5k
R26 - 0ohm (jumper)
R27 - 100k
R29 - 100k
Q8 - PNP
Q9 - NPN
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline stickybuds

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 12:36:14 PM »
RDC I’ve been looking at a lot of your stuff around Xbox one controllers and I just have to say thanks, a lot of effort has been put into the content and it’s very much appreciated.

I am having a similar problem to above in that my elite will only power on with usb and not battery’s or Pncu. I have attached a picture of some damage I have found on the board, would this be enough to cause my problem, I have been through the checks/tests above with no issues.

Thanks

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 02:56:51 PM »
Welcome. I don't see any pic though.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline stickybuds

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 04:37:29 PM »
Ah yes, that really does help 🙈

https://imgur.com/a/twSr65l

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 10:20:58 PM »
Can't really make out the exact damage there, but the board sure looks cracked and some traces are most likely broken. If the trace to the right of L1 there is broken, then that's going to keep the AA and PnC packs from working as the + battery connection goes thru there. Check the top side in the same spot as well for any broken traces.

Offline stickybuds

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 01:42:41 AM »
I really struggled to get a decent picture of it, but from what you say there is definitely some damage to the trace to the right of L1 so it looks pretty likely there is my problem, you are a gentleman PDC thank you very much.  :tup: :tup:

The controller was part of a broken job lot of elites, I have made my money on the batch so this one I’m going to keep for myself if I can get it running. The crack isn’t reflected on the other side of the board but the damage does look pretty significant, it’s very strange, I can’t quite figure out how you could damage it in such a way.  I can’t get any continuity through L1 so I’m going to start there and see what I can do.

Thanks again PDC

Ashley

Offline stickybuds

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 08:11:17 AM »
Just in the interest of anyone stumbling across this thread, I can confirm there was a break in the trace and component ‘L1’ was shot and came off the board in pieces. Fixed all of this and now works like a charm.  :tup:

Thanks again for your help RDC.

Stay safe all

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 04:22:00 PM »
Welcome. That seems to be a kind of common place for them to crack, but I've no idea how people are managing it.

Offline stickybuds

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 03:25:24 PM »
Some of the Xbox’s I’ve had through the door are in an unbelievable state, there seems to be a few anger issues with kids these days 🤦🏻‍♂️

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal