Author Topic: 1708 right trigger unresponsive noobish  (Read 740 times)

Offline Mac123

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
1708 right trigger unresponsive noobish
« on: January 25, 2020, 12:22:34 PM »
Hello, happy to be here learning things.  I’m technically inclined but not trained so explanations in baby talk would be appreciated. 

Purchased a “broken” 1708 controller in order to fix.  They told me they had tried to put in a trigger stop and when they reassembled it after the trigger stop not functioning, the controller would not power on.....well when I got home I noticed one of the battery posts was not seated, it was behind the plastic, so there is your power issue.  I put it back together correctly and all was good.

Until I hit the right trigger, it appears to be dead.  This is of course the trigger they were messing with.

i have followed some tips on here and other places and checked the voltages on the hall sensor, they both have voltage, the left trigger decreases as the trigger is depressed, the right trigger (the problem child) voltage increases....I suspect this is the issue.  I will keep tinkering but wondering if anyone has seen this before.

Offline Mac123

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: 1708 right trigger unresponsive noobish
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 12:27:52 PM »
Well never mind!  After seeing the voltage increase I thought maybe it was a magnet polarity thing, I really know very little about Hall effect sensors, so I took the magnet and turned it over....boom, trigger is working now.  The previous owner must have taken it out and put it in upside down.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal