Author Topic: Ds4 controller help. Missing four capacitors trying to capacitance, volt, size  (Read 772 times)

Offline Nunhunter

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Hello here is my ds4 controller wanting to know the values of these caps so I can replace them. Size voltage and capacitance since I don’t ave naothrr controller to test.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Only one of those is a Capacitor, and if you need exact specs on it you'll need a job at Sony.

First pic both are Resistors - 10k
Second pic top one is a Capacitor - 10nF, 0402, I'd use 10v or so there. Bottom one is a Resistor 150k, 0.1%

All components are 0402 size.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Nunhunter

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Thanks mate. I appreciate the help. I have other controllers that are broken but can’t figure them out. If I list off the issues with each controller on here you think I might be able to get them going again?

Thanks again
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 10:03:18 AM by Nunhunter »

Offline Nunhunter

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Also had one more question if anyone can answer it.
What other capacitor and resistors should I buy for PS4 controller repair? Like the usual used or common ones. Cause I’m gonna order alibaba and save some shipping fee.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Welcome.

Depends on their issues.

There really isn't much common that will fail as far as the passive components, they usually get knocked off the board by someone doing this or that and could be any value really. Having a few scrap boards on hand for components is a better option there versus even a handful of new ones that you might need at some point. Having said that though, an assorted mix of Resistors and Caps isn't bad to have around. Most everything is 0402 sized in there, so if you can find a kit that has plenty of this and that values in it go for it.

Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal