Author Topic: Two PS4 controllers R3 toggle to right is slower then left.  (Read 366 times)

Offline Nunhunter

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Two PS4 controllers R3 toggle to right is slower then left.
« on: February 08, 2020, 08:47:06 PM »
Hello,
I have two PlayStation 4 controllers that we’re having dead zone issues. Jdm40 and a jdm55.
I swapped out some joysticks I bought off AliExpress.com and was wondering about this issue I’m having. when I toggle right on R3 (testing on fort nite) it’s slower then when I toggle to the left. Is that a joystick quality issue? Or is that a trace issue on the board itself on one of the vias?

Also is there anyway to fix or use a program to get rid of dead zone?

Thanks guys.

Offline MCorgano

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
Re: Two PS4 controllers R3 toggle to right is slower then left.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 12:05:47 AM »
People use the term dead zones with ambiguity so it's sometimes hard to diagnose, but my experience says its the module.

Can you use a small flat head screwdriver to gently pop one of the orange sensors off a unused cage, pop out the black circular wiper bit, and post a picture of the inside of the sensor? That will tell me if they sent you the wrong one.

As far as fixing it in software, no. If there is slop in the sticks, as per:
Stick at 0% (center), you push it up to +25%, let go -> it stops at +15%.
Push it down to -25% and let go -> it stays at -12%,
where in both cases it should return to 0% (exactly center)
This kind of deadzone issue is definitely the stick modules, and from china ordered sticks i've had deadzones as bad as +-30%. This is something you should test immediately upon receiving thumbstick modules - any slop at all in the modules should have you contacting the seller.

If that isn't the problem you're having, try describing your problem. I plug mine into my computer and use https://html5gamepad.com/ to see exact numbers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal