Author Topic: JDM-001 constantly pressed R2. Part 2  (Read 798 times)

Offline Daywalk3r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
JDM-001 constantly pressed R2. Part 2
« on: February 16, 2020, 11:04:29 AM »
Hi everyone. Some time ago I described a problem with my DS JDM-001, here is the link.
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,44561.0.html
The DS was put aside and  I didn't return to it for a long time. One day, I noticed that the DS is completely discharged. it was strange. I charged it again, but after 2-3 days it was completely discharged again. I didn't turn it on and did not play on it. The DS was off. I've changed the battery - all happened again
I've checked the charge current. It was 0.27A, it's normal, I think.

Then I decided to connect power supply and check if the DS draws current in off mode.

As you can see, there is no consumption.
After that, I've pressed the power button, and the current consumption increased.

The DS is fully working, nothing is heated anywhere (tactile). Now I want to change the battery for the third time.
I would be grateful for advice on where to dig further?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: JDM-001 constantly pressed R2. Part 2
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 01:58:08 PM »
There was no current draw when you took the pic, or for the amount of time that you watched it there.

Even if your PSU meter is dead on accurate, the least it can measure is 10mA, but even at that rate the thing should sit for a week and not be dead dead.

I'd check the actual battery voltage first and see if it's in line with a working controller's voltage for one that is dead or needs recharged, maybe something is out of spec in the voltage divider circuit and the MCU just 'thinks' the battery is lower than what it really is. Both of those are 150k 1% or better IIRC, so the voltage out of it should be pretty spot on half of the battery voltage.

If the battery voltage is indeed dropping, then I'd connect it to a meter that can record some min/max values over a long time and see if it's turning itself on/off or if there is some kind of intermittent issue. Unless you're just having a bad luck run with 2 batteries so far and the third time is the charm. ;)

Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Daywalk3r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 09:42:51 PM »
I think hoping for a miracle a third time is stupid, but I'll check it)). I will also look for a voltage divider circuit.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 01:10:13 AM »
That divider is right next to the battery connector, top left corner of it in your second image there.

Resistor
Cap
Resistor
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal