Author Topic: DSM-055 stick problem  (Read 1246 times)

Offline knowsly

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
DSM-055 stick problem
« on: July 11, 2020, 07:14:03 AM »
Hello
I changed sticker twice recently, still the x and y axis are out of tune(1.6v) ... x axis is 1.82 and y is 1.76
how can I regulate it ?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: DSM-055 stick problem
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 10:04:47 AM »
You'll have to tweak the POT on the stick, or the stick insides, to get it all to line back up and match the calibrated values the thing expects.

Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline knowsly

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 10:30:12 AM »
thanks for you answer

could you explain how can I tweak the POT ? I mean the right way, cause I don't have sticker anymore so I don't want to ruin it

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 11:48:12 AM »
Desolder all 3 leads of the POT.

Unclip it from the metal housing.

You'll see 3 small posts in the corners of the POT. These keep it fixed in place while it's mounted to the metal housing.

Use an Xacto knife or razor blade and cut those 3 small posts off. Do NOT cut the clips off the sides, just the 3 small posts in the corners as those clips are needed to hold the POT on the the metal housing.

Now when you clip the POT back onto the housing, it will have a little bit of 'play' in it where you can rotate it left or right, before soldering it in place, that can be used to tweak it back so the center value matches what the thing was calibrated to. It may take a couple of tries to get it.

NOTE/WARNING: Go easy on the desoldering and soldering as to not tear up the pads for the POT leads, as the soldering is what will be holding the POT aligned in place since the posts have been removed.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline knowsly

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 12:17:28 PM »
omg thanks man

Actually it worked ^_^

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 12:46:38 PM »
Welcome.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal