Author Topic: JDM-040 Left Analog stick damaged traces.  (Read 1469 times)

Offline MadMaxGR

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
JDM-040 Left Analog stick damaged traces.
« on: July 18, 2020, 04:41:11 AM »
I have got a JDM-040 controller with left analog issue. The controller's left analog clicks continuesly. Is like someone pressing it all time.

The controller seemed to have previous repair on it. Unsoldering the analog,  found out that some traces were lifted and damaged.  Can someone tell me where to bridge the board to fix the issues?

Check the circled areas at the attached photos.

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: JDM-040 Left Analog stick damaged traces.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 06:36:23 PM »
First test the controller now that the Stick is removed. The L3 should not be pressed at all. If it still acts pressed all the time, then something is really messed up and is holding the L3 button line Hi. The torn up trace spot on the right is of no real concern, it's just for the solder lug of the Stick. The one on the left is the 3.2v for the L3 common, you can just jumper wire over from either of the Stick POTs 3.2v after it's reinstalled to get that connection restored. It is not causing the L3 pressed all the time issue, there's either something else doing that or the button in that Stick is stuck in the closed position.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline MadMaxGR

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 02:03:40 AM »
First test the controller now that the Stick is removed. The L3 should not be pressed at all. If it still acts pressed all the time, then something is really messed up and is holding the L3 button line Hi. The torn up trace spot on the right is of no real concern, it's just for the solder lug of the Stick. The one on the left is the 3.2v for the L3 common, you can just jumper wire over from either of the Stick POTs 3.2v after it's reinstalled to get that connection restored. It is not causing the L3 pressed all the time issue, there's either something else doing that or the button in that Stick is stuck in the closed position.

Can you point where I must do the jump points on the photo?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 08:42:50 AM »
Bottom of the board. Just go from the left or bottom POT lead over to that spot for L3.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline MadMaxGR

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 09:55:28 AM »
Bottom of the board. Just go from the left or bottom POT lead over to that spot for L3.

Sorry being noob on this.... The jump point will be like this? (see attached photo)

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2020, 06:40:17 PM »
Nope. That's the top side of the board for starters, not the bottom. You can do it that way if you want, but it's just more work versus doing it how I described.

Offline MadMaxGR

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 02:15:20 AM »
Nope. That's the top side of the board for starters, not the bottom. You can do it that way if you want, but it's just more work versus doing it how I described.

Where is the L3 point to bridge on the bottom side?  I can't find the schematics for the JDM-040 indicating where L3 is.

Offline MadMaxGR

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 05:24:47 AM »
OK,  job done!! I found a capable point at the current damaged trace and did the bridge. The issue is gone and the analog is fully working again. I have put UV mask to protect the connection and all is good now.

Thank you RDC for all your help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal