Author Topic: 1537 Controller Hall Effect Sensors For Triggers Stuck at 100%  (Read 627 times)

Offline fierygt

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
First post, but not my first go around on repair.  I have a 1537 (stock) controller and the triggers are electrically stuck at 100%.  I have taken the steps outlined in another thread, from RDC, and most things check out.  Getting 1.3v between "A & B" spots.  Getting a voltage swing between ground and top of R42.  The third step is "3 - If there is voltage swing, then check between B and the bottom side of R42, it should measure the same as in test 2, if not, then R39 is bad."  However, I can't get a voltage swing on that pin...it is just constant.  But the R39 resistor checks out at 100ohms. 

Here is what it weird.  The regular magnets in the triggers have no effect.  BUT...if I take a neodymium magnet, and set it directly on the hall effect sensor, it will turn the triggers 'off'.  So for some reason, it is only 'working' with a magnet right on top of the hall effect, and the default has become backwards somehow.  On 100% when not pulled, but turning off when a magnet is placed right on top of the hall effect sensor.  This happens on both right and left hall effect sensors, so could they both be bad in the same exact way?  I'll post a quote of the procedure from RDC, and a picture of the board, but any ideas?  Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/DxmnIbA

"You'll need to have the controller powered up to make these tests.

1 - Check the voltage between the A and B spots, it should measure around 1.3v or so. If not, then R37 or the trace between R37 and U11 is damaged.

2 - If it does measure around 1.3v, then check the voltage between B and the top side of R42, it should measure around 0.25v with the Trigger at Rest, then around 0.11v with the Trigger pulled. If you don't get any voltage swing when pulling the Trigger, then the Hall sensor is bad and needs replaced.

3 - If there is voltage swing, then check between B and the bottom side of R42, it should measure the same as in test 2, if not, then R39 is bad. If it measures good then go to 4.

4 - Remove power from the controller and check the Ohm value of the trace from the bottom side of R42 to pin 72 of U1, the large IC, and that should measure close to 0ohms. If not there's an open between them that needs fixed."

« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 12:09:20 AM by fierygt »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal