Author Topic: Stick Issue  (Read 488 times)

Offline TuttiFrutti

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Stick Issue
« on: December 08, 2020, 08:27:23 AM »
https://imgur.com/gallery/RHlAyTx
Here?s a video of my left stick moving vertically as I move my right stick horizontally it?s like jitter or something. I must have bridged a solder joint or something.  :help:

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Stick Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 08:44:16 AM »
Pics of the controller board where you were soldering, showing a cursor jumping on a screen doesn't really help much. Also test with another controller to make sure the app you're using isn't doing something funky, or test it with another app like https://gamepad-tester.com/
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline TuttiFrutti

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 09:04:15 AM »
Yeah it?s the same on GamePad tester. Are there any general sources from where this can occur on the JDM-055 board? I didn?t really solder anywhere it just happened out of nowhere.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 09:19:50 AM »
So, you must have bridged a solder joint or something without soldering anywhere to it? Well that's the problem then.

JDM-055 schematic is here on the forums, have a look. The 4 ADC lines for the sticks, LSX, LSY, RSX and RSY really have nothing to do with each other, aside from using the same 3.2v and ground, and if those had an issue every axis would have an issue.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal