Author Topic: Strange 1708 sync issues  (Read 532 times)

Offline APintoZ

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Strange 1708 sync issues
« on: January 28, 2021, 01:24:39 PM »
Hello!

I have a couple of 1708 analog buttons boards that have weird sync issues. They both work fine through USB connected to the console or to a PC running Xbox Accessories.

One can connect wirelessly to a PC through Bluetooth but not the any Xbox (I tried a couple). The other doesn't connect wirelessly to anything.

Where can I start debugging to identify the problems?

Thank you!

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Strange 1708 sync issues
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 03:51:13 PM »
Try updating them first. If that doesn't work and nothing is visibly knocked off the board around where the antenna cable plugs in, then the MCU most likely has internally laid a brick.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline VaNDAL_UK

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
    • UBER MICRO REPAIRS
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 12:44:08 AM »
I've had several of this analog board have weird issus syncing. Also outright dead shorts when the antenna wire is connected (strainge how is only been ths last two months). The PCB quality on these are garbage, could be crack on a trace.

For the dead short I found Z6 to be the issue on one of them. Replaced Z6 and short gone. Others no fix yet, I just swapped out the boards due to time constraints and workload.

Offline APintoZ

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 01:47:51 AM »
Hello, thank you guys for the advice. I didn't think about testing without the antenna plugged in. My experience tells me that even the antenna unplugged the 1708's work pretty fine for a long distance, even from an adjacent room.

I will try that and report back! The one that connects to a PC with Bluetooth but not to the consoles is an intriguing one, I suspect that one is an MCU brick.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 02:15:45 AM by APintoZ »

Offline APintoZ

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 02:50:19 AM »
I forgot to mention that the first thing I do when I get a controller is to update it :). They are all updated to the latest firmware.

So, interesting, the ones that sync to the PC but not to the console, when I get them really close to the console, like 2 inches away, they sync properly and work 100%. As soon as I move away a few inches the sync is lost. The behaviour is the same with or without the antenna cable plugged in.

Any ideas?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal