Author Topic: JDM-001 broken trace left stick  (Read 450 times)

Offline Frict

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
JDM-001 broken trace left stick
« on: April 13, 2021, 03:44:05 PM »
Dear community,

in an attempt to repair a drifting left stick on a JDM-001 motherboard, I completely destroyed (what I believed) one trace and now the (from the backside of the motherboard) upper trace and the one in the middle seem to be shorted to ground.

Since I was not able to find any schematics I tried following the paths of the traces with a multimeter, the traces seem to go to a couple of resistors close to where the "RESET" label is on the motherboard. As both of the traces have continuity to the same resistors I believe something is not right and would like to ask if anyone knows how to run jumper wires to renew the tracks/ from where to run them.

You can see where I scrapped a part of the motherboard to expose copper and tried to solder a jumper wire to the pin of the potentiometer. Upon connecting the controller to a computer via USB the left stick was centered, but was moving only diagonally from the upper left corner to the right corner in the bottom.

Are the pins shorted, or is one of them "ground" and only one of them is shorted?

« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 03:45:19 PM by Frict »

Offline zis2104

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: JDM-001 broken trace left stick
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 05:26:18 PM »
Dear community,

in an attempt to repair a drifting left stick on a JDM-001 motherboard, I completely destroyed (what I believed) one trace and now the (from the backside of the motherboard) upper trace and the one in the middle seem to be shorted to ground.

Since I was not able to find any schematics I tried following the paths of the traces with a multimeter, the traces seem to go to a couple of resistors close to where the "RESET" label is on the motherboard. As both of the traces have continuity to the same resistors I believe something is not right and would like to ask if anyone knows how to run jumper wires to renew the tracks/ from where to run them.

You can see where I scrapped a part of the motherboard to expose copper and tried to solder a jumper wire to the pin of the potentiometer. Upon connecting the controller to a computer via USB the left stick was centered, but was moving only diagonally from the upper left corner to the right corner in the bottom.

Are the pins shorted, or is one of them "ground" and only one of them is shorted?

the card is very damaged, I doubt you can fix it. Next time you need to use temperatures and flux correctly

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal