Author Topic: Xbox Elite V1 Controller - Board numbers 1708 2-6 / Elite board x90600-004  (Read 672 times)

Offline UGMAN86

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Hi All

I'm wondering if anyone could help

I have and Xbox Elite V1 Controller and I have recently had the analogue sticks replaced on it by a a friend who does smt work.

This problem only seems to occur when I have the rear board for the paddles connected with the ribbon cable.

With the profile dipswitch in position 1, the 'A' Button is continuously pressed, with the profile dipswitch in position 2 the DD button is continuously pressed.

The board has been checked but cant seem to locate the problem, can anyone advise on a solution?

(Edit)
I do have some pictures of the boards although I can't seem to attach them.

The boards look good to my eye. I cant see any damage.

http://imgur.com/a/H9QOCvi

« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 08:14:59 PM by UGMAN86 »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
I don't see any pics of the board in question that is supposedly causing the issue.

Haven't seen that issue before, and replacing the Sticks shoulldn't have messed anythiny there up unless something was damaged in the dis/assemlby process. That Tact board really only has 4 switches on it, so with it unplugged it should act the same as it being plugged up and nothing pressed. Unplug that Tact board and check the Resistance of the 4 switches. They should all measure open with nothing pressed. If one of them is giving you a measrument in the kilo rage that would probably be the culprit.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline wickated

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
you checked ribbon cable?

Offline UGMAN86

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Hi Rdc

Thanks for getting back to me, I was certain that the Tac Board was fine. It turns out that Sw1 was the culprit. Thanks for your help on that. I'm going to source a button and replace and hope it fixes that.

(Ribbon cable was replaced also to eliminate that)

UPDATE:- I removed Sw1, In preset 1 A is no longer a continuous button press, in preset 2 DD is no longer a continuous button press.

Below are some photos if the board, I will get better ones if you require.

http://imgur.com/gallery/btgMoVg

Since my original post I have also developed 100% up input on LSY. I have checked the POT and swapped out for another with the same sympton. When pulling down I can reduce the 100% up input to about 20% constant up input.

The only damage to the board I can see is adjacent to D15.

http://imgur.com/gallery/TyGjyDq

I would appreciate troubleshooting this and finding a solution.

Regards

Ross

« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 03:21:30 PM by UGMAN86 »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
LSY up is either something pulling the LSY line to ground, possibly that D15 or C22 are flaky, or it could be what looks like corrosion around them there causing it. If the AN+ to that POT has gone open it would also cause it to go up on it's own. You can remove D15 and C22 for testing, and neither one of them need to be reinstalled.

Also, before replacing SW1, note that EG4 could be causing that issue with the stuck button also.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 02:41:43 PM by RDC »
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline UGMAN86

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
I have updated the post above. I have removed Sw1 the problem seems solved.

I have just tidied up the solder around the legs of the POT and it seems to have corrected itself. Perhaps the AN+ wasnt as good as it should of been.

I will update if anything comes back.

I really appreciated your help  :victory:

« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 03:42:55 PM by UGMAN86 »

Offline UGMAN86

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Xbox Elite V1 Controller - fluctuating LSY
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 06:04:28 PM »
Hi all, any help would be really appreciated so i have a fluctuating  LSY, any ides?

http://imgur.com/gallery/sY02pSX
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 11:01:23 PM by UGMAN86 »

Offline zis2104

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
have you tried to change the sensor disc? or have you damaged any area?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal