Author Topic: hall effect sensor missing  (Read 932 times)

Offline Kamel2oe

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Whats Poppin'
hall effect sensor missing
« on: September 25, 2021, 05:06:06 PM »
hey guys i was hoping someone could help me fix my xb1 1708 contoller... the RT stopped working about a week ago so i gave it to my brother to fix but he's ended up making it worse.. so im attempting to do this myself an ive gone over and over the 2 boards to see whats damaged and all im finding so far is the hall effect sensor is missing.. i can see where my brother tried to solder it but he wasnt able to do what ever he was trying to do so is there a way i can bypass this sensor? ive read lots on tracing buttons but im still a little confused as to where id need to trace a wire too & from for the RT to work and im not even sure its possible without the hall effect sensor so any information would be a massive help... thanks you
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 06:06:31 PM by Kamel2oe »
The only reason i failed and you never was because i tried and you didnt!!.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: hall effect sensor missing
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 05:07:00 AM »
The Hall sensor has to be in there for the RT to function properly, it's an A1304ELHLX-T. You could technically bypass it and make it act like a digital button, but wiring up the divider and the switch and then getting the thing mounted properly, it's just easier to replace the Hall sensor and have it work like it's supposed to.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Kamel2oe

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Whats Poppin'
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 09:43:26 PM »
Thank you for replying, yeh that does sound like massive mission that I?m not capable of besides anything else? I?ve ordered a new board which should be here tomorrow, thank you again for your reply x
The only reason i failed and you never was because i tried and you didnt!!.

Offline bakachelera

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Federal Electrician by day repair technician by n
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 12:26:47 PM »
As already stated you're better off if you just replace with the intended part. Use a heat gun instead of a solder iron my guy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal